Move service and new modem

Javier T.
Javier T. Posts: 9 ✭✭

Hi guys, I need the staff help asap.

I have a move appointment next Tuesday before 17h but during my move the coaxial input into the modem was broken so I will need to replace it cos I have no tools and time to do now. Second thing is the installation, I was thinking to do the install my self but I forgot, its a brand new building so all cables from out/in side has not connectors so I have no idea if the coaxial cable will be useful or not. So the tech guy will need to go into my home to check which cable is what. Thks

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,801 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello Javier T.,

I am sorry to hear about this situation. 
    I recommend contacting our support team with more details and an image of the damaged piece for better understanding.
    Here you can find more information about how to reach us: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us

Have a great day,
    Alex

Answers

• Pingu1no
    Pingu1no Posts: 122 ✭✭
    edited March 2021

The tech guy is supposed to do all the necessary installation to make your internet work. This is included with your subscription.

However, in regard to the broken input, I would suggest to contact Fizz by chat... if it is unusable, I guess they will need to replace the modem!

• Javier T.

I agree need to contact by chat but looks like is not working today or using phone browser.

• Pingu1no
    Pingu1no Posts: 122 ✭✭
    edited March 2021

Javier : I do see the chat bubble available today, did you try openning a 'Solution Hub" page? Like this one? https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-moving-how-do-i-change-my-address-my-home-internet-service

And make sur you're logged into your account.

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭

Because of Covid, the technician is supposed to stay outside so if I were you I'd chat with Fizz as soon as possible to clear that question.

As part of the precautionary measures against the COVID-19 virus, our technician will leave your Fizz Wi-Fi modem at your door.

- Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-manage-appointment-technician-visit-my-service-address

It does not make sense if the cable inside the room needs attention taht only the tech can provide (he has the tools exactly for that purpose). So I believe it is just a matter to let them know in advance.

As for upgrading from self-install to VIP-install, you can simply tell the technician once he is on site.

You can upgrade from self-installation to VIP installation on the day of your technician appointment — just let the technician know

- Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-subscribe-to-fizz-home-internet#6

• Javier T.

Yep, I know that he need to connect all inside home, for the other side yes I can see the Bublé chat button but when I do click from my phone browser it do nothing, will try to share internet to my laptop to see if work.

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

We are client like you here so you should get the help from Fizz support to see if you have to pay the repair for the modem or if they just give you a new one. Have a nice day :)

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

I think the best course of action would be to contact support.

I know that the chat bubble is always a bit of a wild card. It has a life of its own. Sometimes the chat shows, sometimes it doesn’t work at all. You can only keep trying 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭

The "?" does nothing? Make sure…

• you try in incognito mode
    • you are really logged in with your account. Disconnect explicitly, close any Fizz tab, clear your cookies, reconnect.
    • no browser extension blocks its appearance (ad blocker or plugins like "NoScript").
    • javascript is enabled
    • to empty your cache
    • you try with a different browser
    • and obviously, as you suggested, trying on another device is a good try as well.

This discussion has been closed.