I am going to change of apartment in the same building only for 2 weeks, can I change my internet?

Options

Can I change my internet to another apartment only for 2 weeks and then change it back to my apartment?

Best Answer

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

Interesting question.

I believe it follows your modem as it is part of your identification and the whatchamacallit-triage system in the outside post cannot make a difference because it is the same building.

Why don't you try it? Should be easy, especially if you use wifi since it involved less wires.

Answers

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Options

I don’t believe that this is possible as you need to register your new address and the modem is linked to your address. That’s why when you move you need to formally change the address and tell this Fizz.

I think @Whizz might have a definitive answer for that :)

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options

You can but i think you have to changed your adresse or if the other appartement is really close you ccan let your modem there and connect to the wifi for this 2 weeks ?

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options

You can but i think you have to changed your adresse or if the other appartement is really close you ccan let your modem there and connect to the wifi for this 2 weeks ?

• vanigh
    vanigh Posts: 328 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Michelle

In the building i live in Videotron has a switch box for all apartments in the basement, where the technician connects it to get the signal for your particular apartment, if the apartment you're moving in has signal then you internet should work.

This discussion has been closed.