Can I buy two phones?

Rachel T. #8181
Rachel T. #8181 Posts: 15 ✭✭

I already have a sim-only plan with Fizz but I like the look of some of the phones. I would like to be able to use two handsets - a cheap one when I am doing things (like sports) where my phone might break, and a better one when I want to do more or take good photos etc. Can I buy two phones from Fizz if I only have one plan? Thanks!

Best Answer

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

You make me work now 😋 But it's a good question though.

When there is a rebate, which is not for every phone btw, the rebate is linked to the phone at the time of its purchase but engages you to keep the mobile plan you assign it to for 12 months. Once the purchase is done it would make no sense to oblige you to keep the SIM car in the purchased phone (say the phone breaks?). So what is important to Fizz, IMHO, is that you keep the associated mobile plan active for 12 months (read SIM card).

The fine prints when a rebate is offered:

This limited-time offer consists of applying the promotional rebate indicated on the suggested retail price of the phone in question. The rebate is conditional on (i) maintaining for an uninterrupted period of 12 months a Fizz mobile plan that is already active at the time of the phone’s purchase or (ii) activating a Fizz mobile plan within 7 days of receiving the phone in question (for members who do not already have an active Fizz mobile plan) and maintaining it for 12 months. If either condition is not met, you will be required to refund the prorated portion of the promotional rebate corresponding to the number of months remaining in the initial 12-month term.

Now when you go through the purchase wizard for a phone having a rebate, it asks you if you want to assign it to an existing plan (read "SIM card") or a new plan (which will ask you to define the new plan's properties (GB, minutes, SMS, ...).

Observe that it says you CAN use it with an existing plan (not MUST, so you can sim swap it with another phone) but this wizard step is to target which plan will require to be active for the next 12 months (or you'll pay the difference).

This phone has no rebate:

This phone has a rebate:

I could obviously be mistaken since it's getting late, but I'd bet 50 points on it 😁

PS: note that there is a bug that sometimes make you believe you have no choice but to purchase a phone with a new plan. It was a browser/session related issue. See this French thread : https://forum.fizz.ca/fr/discussion/comment/6563630#Comment_6563630

I hope this answers the question.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.