Ho do I add a second mobile to my account

AndresR
AndresR Posts: 1 ✭✭

I purchased a second sim card and trying to install it on another mobile, SIM is activated but cant be read on the mobile

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,805 admin
    Answer ✓

Hi Andres,
    If that is the case and the SIM card is truly damaged, I invite you to place a new order for a 2nd SIM card and I will issue a refund request for the 1st one that you cannot use.

I'll escalate the request for a refund of 11.50CAD to my supervisor and once the request is approved and the refund issued you will receive the respective sum on your credit card in a few business days.

You'll also be able to see this under My plans-> Transaction history from your end:
    https://fizz.ca/en/transaction-history

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Have a good one!

Andrei

Answers

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

So just to be clear. You purchased a SIM card and put it in a different phone but the other phone can't read the simcard?

• AndresR

Yes, I already have a fizz card installed and rolling in my mobile and now purchased a new one and want to install it in another mobile but the other phone is not reading the simcard

• Whizz

Hi Andres,
    Thank you for letting us know about this case.

Can you please check that your other mobile is an unlocked one so it can be used under the Fizz network?
    Details can be found here:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-unlock-my-mobile-phone

Also, can you tell us what phone are you trying to use the 2nd SIM card under ?

Andrei

• Whizz

Hi Andres,
    Thank you for letting us know about this case.

Can you please check that your other mobile is an unlocked one so it can be used under the Fizz network?
    Details can be found here:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-unlock-my-mobile-phone

Also, can you tell us what phone are you trying to use the 2nd SIM card under ?

Andrei

• AndresR

Thanks, the phone is unlocked I inserted another SIM and it worked however with the new one it keeps sayin No SIM Card-Emergency Calls Only

It is a Samsung Galaxy A8

• Whizz

Hi Andres,
    Thank you for the details.

Can you please change the connection to Fizz EXT and then immediately back to Fizz for your provider settings, restart the phone and check to see if the same situation happens?

Andrei

• StefanM

Hmm, the Samsung Galaxy A8 should actually be working with Fizz as the bands are supported. If the suggestions from Andrei are not working, then maybe the sim card is damaged and needs to be replaced.

• AndresR

Actually seems you're right it is the SIM Card which seems damaged as switched them in my phones and it didn't work on my other phone neither whilst my old simcard worked properly on the GalaxyA8. Now the question is how do I ask Fizz to replace my simcard which have joust purchased this morning?

• AndresR

Thanks Ill buy a new one then

• StefanM

I’m glad we could help and you were able to sort it out :)

This discussion has been closed.