Out of data

Carlos F. #16703
Carlos F. #16703 Posts: 23 ✭✭

Today I ran out of data and I got the "sign in to network" notification. I couldn't access Fizz website, therefore I couldn't buy an addon data. Is there any other way to purchase more data when you are out no wi-fi access?

If not, I'll leave a suggestion to Fizz enable this option.

Best Answer

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

This could be a nice incentive for Fizz to develop their own app, as so many users have already asked for. I 100% agree with you, it's not ideal when you ran out of data and you cannot buy and add-on. Another option would be that they send you a text message, giving you the option to buy an add-on by answering to that text message.

Answers

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

If you dont have data or internet at home to get to the website you can ask a friend to give you a bit of data or go to a wifi spot like mcdonald to do it. But if you dont have acces to internet how do you get to this forum ? Have a nice day :)

• Carlos F. #16703
    Carlos F. #16703 Posts: 23 ✭✭

When I got home and connected to the wifi.

The idea is that Fizz would allow the users to connect only to its website when we run out of data, so we can buy more data.

• Dgjf

Fizz dont have an application so i dont think they can allow their user to acces just the fizz website because some people who know code can use this door to get unlimited free data. Do to this they should do an native app and i dont think they want to for now.

• Pete
    Pete Posts: 219 ✭✭

ask a friend to gift you data.

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭

Totally agree but I'm not sure it is feasible as both queries would require either data or SMS-out capabilities to reply. It's like the chicken and the egg syndrome.

Maybe a coded message formatted like #some_number# that Fizz would understand as a direct 1GB purchase for example?

• Dgjf

Nice idea doign it by SMS will be awsome and a good option in my opinion. Mutch more simple than give free acces to Fizz site

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,817 admin
    edited March 2021

Hi Carlos,
    Thank you for the details about the situation you encountered and as jeff3000 said, we're trying to come up with a solution( an app ) that will allow our users to manage their Fizz account and therefore acquire more data when they run out while also preventing any possibility for an exploit of sorts.

We're grateful for your feedback and we will make any information about this available at the right time.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Have a good one!

Andrei

This discussion has been closed.