How to change my email address

hi guys,

I am trying to change my email address, which is not possible from the interface. I read here that I need to contact technical support. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

While looping for minutes all over the place I finally was able to pop that "clavardage" bubble ... but clicking on it does nothing. That thing drive me nuts. This business service is SO bad. Every time that I am trying to do something, it turns out to be hell.

Best Answer

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I've seen this chat-popup issue relatively often but got no clear feedback. Let us know if you find out.

Here is what I would do to try the chat/clavardage bubble work. Make sure…

• you are really logged in with your account (and not the forum's account)
    • no browser extension blocks its appearance (ad blocker or plugins like "NoScript")
    • javascript is enabled
    • try with a different browser
    • try on another device
    • If you are using a VPN of some sort, maybe it has features filtering features

As for changing our email address. I see I can't even change mine. Very strange.

Answers

• redhead
    redhead Posts: 818 ✭✭

I have been pretty succesful in contacting Customer Support. If it is not urgent, send them a note thru Facebook Messenger. They usually answer within the day.

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

You can contact them per facebook and just wait :)

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 888 ✭✭

As others say,

I contact Them via Messenger and wait.

Honestly, I never been able to see the chat. It could be interesting to add an email address to contact Fizz in case we are not able to join them via their apps!

By the way, if you have the answer to your question, could you please give us the way to change it?

it will be very useful for others who will ask that question.

have a nice day!

• Idefizz

@Justin being a Supreme Geek, I'd presume you've tried everything I suggested in my first reply on this question.

Then again, I must ask :) So I can be sure my suggestions are enough to troubleshoot.

Honestly, I never been able to see the chat

May I inquire what environment you tried it on? Mobile, Windows desktop, Apple device, Linux, ...

• DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭

Remember you will lost your points earned in community if you change your e-mail. That"s I was told today.

Bold texts were copy paste from Fizz "support".

The email used to register your Fizz account must not be changed once participating in the Fizz community hub or you will lose your current ranking and points received.

This information is visible on our specialized FAQ on this subject, at point 2 : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-earn-perks-using-community

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭

What its sooo weird. In the same time most people keep their mail adresse for life. But still its really bad to losse all point you earn. Its seem like they cant change adresse and juste create a new account for you !

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 888 ✭✭

@idéfizz

For me I’m alway on mobile device.

Ipad 4 and IPhone 6S.

Both with safari!

so I use Messenger to contact Fizz cause I don’t see the chat bubble on both of my devices!

• Idefizz

Ouin Safari n'est pas réputé pour faire un aussi bon rendering que les autres navigateurs. Des fois ça marche, des fois pas.

C'est bon de se contenter de Facebook Messenger, mais il parrait que c'est moins rapide. Conservez cette formule gagnante ;-)

Si jamais vous voulez essayer autre chose on en parle un peu ici https://forum.fizz.ca/fr/discussion/1971381/page-web-compte-fizz-inutilisable-safari-iphone

Et là on dit que Safari bogue un peu avec le compte Fizz : https://forum.fizz.ca/fr/discussion/2490802/normal-puisse-imprimer-factures-safari-bouton-genere-feuille-blanche-chaque-fois

Ces 2 derniers liens datent un peu. Les mise à jours pouvant autant régler que nuire.

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

I have problems finding the chat bubble too. It always luck. Most of the time it doesn't open the chat window at all. This is definitely on Fizz' side because you can try mobile browsers, different browsers, clearing cache, using private mode - nothing really works.

You are a company that Is fully online, Fizz, so please make sure that your online support options are actually accessible to the people.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,618 admin

Hi Stephane,
    Thank you for reaching out to us and have no worries, you don't necessarily need to contact us via chat in order for us to help you change your e-mail address on file.

You can contact us by using any of our FAQs in the Solutions Hub, such as this one:

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

You just need to access an FAQ(link) like the one above, scroll through it and after 10-15 seconds the ? bubble will appear in the bottom right corner of the page.

Clicking on it will reveal multiple contact options like Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp(if you're on your phone), Live chat and more.

Here you can find more information about how you can do that: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us

Once you've reached us directly, we will need to secure the information on your Fizz account and so we would need you to confirm to us the last 4 digits of your payment method used on your Fizz account and the Canada home address registered there.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Have a good one!

Andrei 

• Idefizz

I replied in French in an English thread, sorry about that. I guess translating it would be a bit too late. 😕

• MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭

Stephane,

You cannot change email adress by yourself to your Fizz account.

You need to contact the Fizz customer service by chat, only them can do it.

click on: What payment methods can I use? | Fizz

Click on the green interrogation point down to the right of the page and click onto the green chat bubble

• Seu_Madruga
    Seu_Madruga Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hey! Do you agree that it's not easy to find how to contact you? Every time we have to explain to someone it demands prints and several sentences on how to make it work (login, then reach a FAQ page, etc...). Why don't you just add this chat option to the contact page? A solo link that we can easily share and explain!

This discussion has been closed.