Speed slower since Videotron outtage of febuary 12 2021... anyone else speed has recently reduced?

Mélissa E.
Mélissa E. Posts: 5 ✭✭
Speed slower since Videotron outtage of febuary 12 2021... anyone else speed has recently reduced? I have the 60 Mbps Plan. I always had steady 60 mbps download speed or better. Now, it went down to something between 45-55 mbps. Anyone recently experienced this ? Router has been rebooted and speed had been tested with multiple speed test from multiple devices. Thanks.

Answers

• roch-andre
    roch-andre Posts: 272 ✭✭
    Turbo speed over here.. no problem at all
  • Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Even better than what i paid for for me (130 instead of 120 :) ) . So no problem. You can restard your routeur but do you changed your DNS when the problem append with the videotron DNS ? Have a nice day :)
  • NinjaBunga
    NinjaBunga Posts: 201 ✭✭
    No issue here, your best bet might be to contact fizz support team directly. I usually like to contact them through facebook messenger
  • kokoboko
    kokoboko Posts: 324 ✭✭
    I would try to use a vpn to see how it works. Sometimes it helps
  • Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Videotron's outage was related to their DNS service (which is some kind of telephone directory but for numeric IP and website names, like 104.18.29.99 = www.fizz.ca) .
    To make this simple, it works or not. It cannot be a speed issue.
    Though few hours later it was fixed.
    Now, if you mitigated the issue (like using a VPN, changing to a different DNS server, or what not), then you might to review that fix. But even then it would not affect by THAT much.
    Hope this helps narrowing it down.
  • Mélissa E.
    Mélissa E. Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Nothings changed in my setup. Rebooted the modem multiple times since and nothing changed. No dna change, no vpn.
    Videotron outtage is probably a pure coincidence but i used to have the speed i paid for for the last 2 years and now i don't.
This discussion has been closed.