Data gifting button is greyed out in "My plans", why?

Options
mml
mml Posts: 3 ✭✭
I want to give a data perk through there because adding contacts is closed off so going through the perk to give it wouldn't work.

Answers

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options
    It most likely means that you don't have enough data to gift for the remainder of your billing cycle. As Fizzy mentioned, you need to have at least 500mb plan data in your plan.
  • Manny L.
    Manny L. Posts: 99 ✭✭
    Options
    Mine too, they told me it's because I have no data included in my plan
  • Anthony2
    Anthony2 Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Options
    For perk, you need make a contact in profile , can't be gifted to number, nor e-mail directly. For data, you need giftable data, or 500m or more monthly data. Your data addon can't be gifted.
  • ipDino
    ipDino Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Options
    More likely you need add other person as a personal contact in "Profile"
  • mml
    mml Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the fast response, I should've asked how I'd go about giving data in my current situation (having data stored as perk to give to friends.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,102 admin
    Options
    Hello Mml,
    Thank you for your message. In regards to your last question, once you've already activated a perk, it's not possible to give some or all the data from it, by using the option "Gift". It is only possible to gift it before activating it, however sadly indeed this option is not available for the time being.
    Via the "Gift" option, you are only able to gift data that's included in your plan. You will find more useful information on our page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-is-data-gifting-and-how-does-it-work
    Have a great day!
    -Ioana
This discussion has been closed.