router is offline?

Options
the internet randomly turned off and the router is flashing in a strange manner. I’m not sure what to do as i have not touched the router.

Answers

• MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Options
    Noura,
    Sorry,
    First, try to verify if your modem is well connected to your coaxial câble?
    Then, Try to do a reset of your modem.
    With a needle, press in 35, 40 seconds the reset button back in the center of the modem.
    Then, release the button and wait 3,4 minutes to see coming back the lights of your modem.
    You're supposed to see on the screen (if you are directly connected to the modem with an ethernet câble): Easy Connect.
    Types twice the factory password back of your modem.
    Your internet connexion is supposed to be 100%, functionnal.
    If there is still problem about your internet connexion:
    For more help,
    Please, contact the Fizz customer service by chat.
    First, log to your Fizz account.
    Click on the green interrogation point down the the right of the page.
    Also, click on the green chat bubble.
    Your chat session will begin with them.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,102 admin
    Options
    Hi Noura,
    Thank you very much for reaching out to us.
    I understand and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
    I checked on your account and on your connection signals where I can see that they are within the optimal parameters.
    There is also no incident or maintenance work being performed in the area that could've caused the disruption.
    Would you kindly please unplug the coaxial cable from the coaxial outlet and the modem respectively, wait for about 30 seconds, then plug it back in the outlet first and then in the modem, then restart it?
    Also, please perform a factory reset of the modem by using a sharp object to press on the small button in the orifice behind the modem for 15 to 20 seconds, then let the modem reboot itself and test the connection.
    More helpful details can be found in our FAQ here:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-device-cannot-connect-wi-fi-how...
    Have a good one!
    Andrei
This discussion has been closed.