Send modem to different address pending moving to new address, no appointment available on moving da

I work from home and require an internet connection where I work. I have looked to have an appointment to self install a modem, however none is available until a week after I have moved. Can I order the modem on an earlier date and install it when I move?
If I can, is it possible to have the modem sent to my current address? The current address already has a Fizz connection however it is not associated with myself.
I believe I can talk with the people at my new address so they could receive the modem and leave it behind when they move out. I'd like to avoid doing that, but if its my only option then I guess that could do.
What are my options?

Answers

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭
    Hi Alex

It sounds like the simplest solution would be to subscribe and have internet installed at your new address.

In case of problems, it's better to have the modem installation done earlier.
    But if you need to pick a later appointment date, that should not be an issue either.
  • Alex S. #35745
    Alex S. #35745 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    I won't be able to work for a week if I wait for an appointment. My work requires that I have an internet connection.
    Yes I can get an earlier appointment at my current address, from what I have read you cannot subscribe at an address that already has a Fizz connection. Also I would need an appointment to change my address, or so I have read.
    I don't have access to the apartment where I will be moving until the day in question. Is there a way that I can specify that I would like to receive the modem where I live right now so I can continue working from home once I move. At the moment I would not be able to work for a week.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭
    And you are able to get an earlier appointment at your current address?
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,809 admin
    Hello Alex,
    Thank you for your message. I just checked your account and saw that you already placed a subscription and the appointment is scheduled for December 11th. If no earlier availabilities showed, sadly it means all our technicians are fully booked by then. I also kindly wish to inform you that it's not possible to receive the modem at a different address or have it shipped, only the technician can come and bring the modem since he also needs to check the cable connections at your place.
    All the necessary information on subscribing can be found on our page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-subscribe-to-fizz-home-internet
    Thank you so much for your understanding.
    Have a lovely day,
    -Ioana
This discussion has been closed.