Why am I having lag in my video calls?

Options
Tyson M.
Tyson M. Posts: 6 ✭✭
I just switched internet providers from Techsavvy where I had 20 mgs download and never had issues with my video calls. I have just signed up with Fizz with 60 mgs download and my video calls lag, drop etc.
I’ve already spoken with tech support and followed the steps but the problem consists. Is anyone else having this problem and what is the solution? Debating cancelling already after 10 days of being signed up.

Answers

• Tyson M.
    Tyson M. Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options
    I have followed the steps from Whizz and there is no change. My internet is horrible. All video calls lag and drop. Not happy at all with this service.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,969 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Tyson

Does the problem happen with wifi only? Or also when you connect a device directly to the modem via ethernet cable?

If the problem happens only with wifi, you can use a wifi analyzer app to check which wifi channels/signals are available in your area for less interference. You can also try putting the Fizz modem in bridge mode and using your own router.

If problem continues, you can contact customer support by chat, from 8 AM to 9 PM every day:

1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2- Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.
    3- Open a Fizz help page like this one: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-modem-connected-cable-my-connection-keeps-cutting-out-how-do-i-fix
    4- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,795 ✭✭
    Options
    Tyson you must contact the support
    Since the Whizz wrote
    "signals where I can see that they are off from the optimal parameters."

Then they should do something about that since you do not have a good signal from their cable.
This discussion has been closed.