CAT6 cable too big? I

Chaimaa B.
Chaimaa B. Posts: 2 ✭✭
Hello I have a problem I just received my modem but the cat6 cable that you gave is too big for the connection one that I have on the wall and I dont know what to do

Answers

• So_AR
    So_AR Posts: 776 ✭✭
    everything should be standar usualy
  • Carlo C.
    Carlo C. Posts: 632 ✭✭
    Chaimaa, you're probably referring to the landline port in the wall. Your modem will not plug there, you need a coaxial connection. As the other users say the Ethernet cable is used to connect the modem Toa device such as a laptop or tv.
  • Julien C. 19625
    Julien C. 19625 Posts: 197 ✭✭
    Are you trying to connect the CAT6 cable to a phone ligne?

Your modem should be connected to the internet using TV coaxial cable. That was the job of the technician.

The CAT6 cable (ethernet) is used to connect the modem to computers without wifi.
  • Olivier R. #3666
    Olivier R. #3666 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭
    Thanks for the question
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,801 admin
    Hello Chaimaa,
    As the other fellow community members mentioned, only the coaxial cable is to be used to connect your modem to the coaxial outlet (if you have one installed in your home). The cable that you're referring to is an ethernet cable that you should use it to connect another device to your modem (a computer for example). I would also advise you to follow the FAQ that Fizzy and Lieux have provided to you. If you're issue is still not resolved, please reach us immediately via live chat and we'll do our best to help you further. Here you have the contact info link: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
    Have a good one!
    Radu
This discussion has been closed.