Reactivating a plan, can I port back in?

Options
Veper
Veper Posts: 23 ✭✭
I ported out to Fido a few days ago because they gave me a "great" deal, turns out they had a bunch of hidden fees so I want to port back to Fizz. If I use my existing Fizz SIM card and reactivate my account, can I port my number back from Fido or will I be forced to get a new number?

Answers

• Lieux
    Lieux Posts: 2,528 ✭✭
    Options
    You can try...your sim card was closed probably with the port...I’m not sure if you will be able to use it....??
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,921 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Veper,

If your number was already ported out, I doubt you can reactivate your Fizz plan. If you want to confirm, you can chat with Fizz customer service.

In any case, you can reuse the same Fizz SIM card to activate a new mobile plan or account. At the time of activation, you will be able to port your number back in.

And if you are opening a new account, you can use a referral code
    https://community.fizz.ca/questions/2198337-place-referral-codes
    For sure, you can use mine :)
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Options
    Veper,
    If you have unsubscribe to your Fizz plan less than 60 days, you can get your old number.
  • Damek G.
    Damek G. Posts: 151 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Veper,
    I might be wrong, but i believe that Fizz’s Sim cards can be reused, so i don’t think you’ll need to go over the same process once more.
    You can always try and see if it works, that way you’ll know & then you can proceed the other way if not.
    And lastly, if nothing works, contact support.
    :)
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,747 ✭✭
    Options
    Yes you can port it back it is a transfer, it will ne a new plan with the number that yu have with Fido, yes you can use your SIM card, the SIM are reusable once deactivated
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,159 admin
    Options
    Hello Veper,
    I kindly inform you that yes, you can transfer your number back to Fizz. As our community members suggested, you can reuses the sim card, also you can contact us on Live Chat in order to help you further.
    Here you can find how to contact us: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
    Have a great day!
    Adelina
This discussion has been closed.