Why am I keep losing my service constantly?

I was losing my service intermitently all the time, now it's almost all the time off (it comes back like 10 minutes then I lose it for hours) I thought it was my phone, so I bought a new phone, the problem was still there, so I bought a new sim card from you, after 5 days trying to use my new sim card having no service at all, I contacted you guys and nobody can help me, they always tell me that I have to wait 2 hours for the service to come back... So now I had bought a new phone (a lot of $), and your sim card (11,50$). Still have no service, I want you to fix my problem and I wanna know what I can ask as compensation for all this (I use my phone for work)

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,639 ✭✭
    This is strange

Contact the support

You can contact Fizz support by chat, from 8 AM to 9 PM everyday:
    1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2- Click on this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/whats-my-rewards-program
    3- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.
  • Lieux
    Lieux Posts: 2,528 ✭✭
    Did you try your sim card in another phone? Just to be sure if it’s your sim or your phone.
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,639 ✭✭
    @Lieux you missed this "... I thought it was my phone, so I bought a new phone, the problem ..."
  • Francisco A. #27444
    Francisco A. #27444 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    just to follow up to your answers, I'm contacting the support since yesterday, no positive results, and I have two phones now as I bought a new one (both are compatible with fizz)...
  • Patrick D. 61567
    Patrick D. 61567 Posts: 346 ✭✭
    It look like you did the right thing testing with a new phone. Do you have the problem when you are outside? Maybe it's not a phone or fizz problem. Maybe your home is blocking signal, like a metal roof and you need a cell phone repeater inside your home.
    You will have to do some testing in different area.
    Is it written no service or just that the signal is very low?
    Also, it's a possiblity that the sim card have problem. But you need to test the other step before going tha road.
  • Francisco A. #27444
    Francisco A. #27444 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    I'm using the phone at home as I've always done without having troubles. And most of the time I have no connection (like I was somewhere outside the network) sometimes I do have connection but I cannot make any calls or use any data. (It's been five days now I couldn't use any data or make any call)
  • Adnane E.
    Adnane E. Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Try take out the sim and put it back and turn off the phone
  • Kurt V.
    Kurt V. Posts: 353 ✭✭
    I’ve never had problems like this with fizz. Contact fizz they should help.
  • George S. #20091
    George S. #20091 Posts: 639 ✭✭
    Please make sure you added the APN information into your phone.
    In your phone, go to
    Settings → Connections → Mobile networks → Access Point Names → APN

Fizz APN settings are:
    APN: mobile.bm
    MMSC: http://mms.mobile.bm
    MMS proxy: mmsproxy.mobile.bm
    MMS port: 80
    APN type: default,mms,supl
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,800 admin
    Hello Francisco,
    Apologies for the unpleasant situation.
    I can see that you already contacted us on our live chat and the situation has been escalated further to our technical team.
    As soon as we will have an answer from them you will be notified by e-mail address.
    If you have other questions, here you can find how to contact us: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
    Have a great day!
    Adelina
This discussion has been closed.