The number you have reached is not in service?

ValentinMTL
ValentinMTL Posts: 80 ✭✭
I have a Quebec coverage plan with voice and data and voicemail.
When I travel to Messines, QC it often happens that people calling me get the message:
"The number you have reached is not in service, please check the number and try your call again."
In my understanding, when people call me one, they should ether reach me, or get my voicemail. The message above should not be one of the options.
I have spent many hours with customer service on chat. I have been told that the Quebec Coverage Area is only the green Subscription area. On the coverage map, the pink area in Quebec is only included in the Canada plan. So when I am in the pink area in Quebec, and since I do not have money in the wallet, basically my number does not exist.
Is this happening to anyone else?

Answers

• ValentinMTL
    ValentinMTL Posts: 80 ✭✭
    Unfortunately, I got these answers from multiple agents.
    Adrian:
    "After entering your address, you will see it's not in the Green zone, which means you need a Canada-wide coverage to be able to use the Fizz services via Fizz EXT -partner networks- in the area.
    I can say that you're having these issues simply because you do not have Coverage Canada, to be able to connect to partner networks in the area (where we provide coverage only via partner networks)."
    There is very little hope of them to solve the problem when they give me answers like this, or make me reboot the phone, plug the sim into a different phone, change my t-shirt color, rotate my hat 37 degrees etc. Call me crazy, but no matter what I do to my phone, it should never say that my number is not in service.
    I think that there is something wrong with the tower configuration. Fizz Ext network is visible, but the phone refuses to connect to it, or gives en error that there is no service on this network.
    On it's own, the phone connects to Bell and works ok. Once in a while, it tries to connect to Fizz Ext, and that is when the "number not in service" starts. Even if the phone is off.
  • Victoria C. #24523
    Victoria C. #24523 Posts: 367 ✭✭
    Maybe a problem with the signal coming from a tower close to the border? Not sure where Messines is though...
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,805 admin
    Hello Valentin,
    Apologies for the encountered issue.
    I have verified on my end and for the area you have mentioned you should still be able to have service with Quebec only coverage. Please try disabling the automatic network search and use a Bell network temporarily. Also, make sure that the roaming function of your phone is enabled and in My plans- Manage plan- Advanced parameters the outgoing international calls are not blocked. For a few more tips, please also take a look over:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-can-i-do-if-mobile-network-coverage-is-weak-or-inaccessible
    If the issue still persists, please reach us by chat to verify with you further.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good day.
    Catalin
This discussion has been closed.