Home Internet stops every hour?

Chris C. #22638
Chris C. #22638 Posts: 1 ✭✭
Problem started last week, needed to unplug and restart Modem/router once per day. Now problem is approx every hour. PC connected by cable RJ45, but all internet including WIFI stops working. All is fine after turning of/on Modem, but now only last approx 1 hour.

Answers

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,800 admin
    Hello Chris,
    I apologize for the error you've encountered, I suggest you reach out to our support where you can have this situation resolved.
    Our contact methods can be found on the following FAQ https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us, you need to be connected into your account and click on Help, which is on mid-right of your screen, then click on Contact Us, or simply click on the link I've provided.
    In the meantime, you can follow Mike and Oury steps and FAQ and see if you can get your modem back on track.
    Keep in mind that the answer on Facebook messenger is not in real-time and a delay can be between your question and our answer, that is why I suggest you contact us by chat for a better resolution in realtime.
    Have a good one!
    Nicolae Bogdan
  • Benoit S. #5794
    Benoit S. #5794 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    I have the same problem since about 3 weeks. No WiFi in the loop, all cabled. Sporadically, the internet connection drops. I could easoly see it since I am VPN connected to the office and the Client log every reconnection. e.g.:
    2020-05-22
    12:31:29 AM Reconnecting to...
    12:32:23 AM Reconnecting to...
    12:59:44 AM Reconnecting to...
    1:00:04 AM Reconnecting to...
    1:00:50 AM Reconnecting to...
    1:07:10 AM Reconnecting to...
    2:02:44 AM Reconnecting to...
    2:03:36 AM Reconnecting to...
    2:03:48 AM Reconnecting to...
    5:27:08 AM Reconnecting to...
    5:43:51 AM Reconnecting to...
    6:01:06 AM Reconnecting to...
    6:02:03 AM Reconnecting to...
  • Sylvieb
    Sylvieb Posts: 1,600 ✭✭
    hello, I hope your problem is solved. can you please choose your best answer.thank you and have a nice day
  • Chris K. #7521
    Chris K. #7521 Posts: 486 ✭✭
    Is the issue resolved? What was the problem? The same thing is happening to me. It started disconnect about once a day last Thursday, but today it's happened already 3 times.
  • Benoit S. #5794
    Benoit S. #5794 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Hi, yes it was resolved. After I ask for a technician visit, he saw that my signal was week. He changed all the connector on my old and very old cable from the house to the main connector in the backyard. Then the signal was good and the connection does not drop anymore.
    If you are on a Mac or Linux, you could run a scrip like this one and redirect the output to a file. You will then log most of the occurence of internet drop.
    #!/bin/zsh
    while true;
    do
    date;
    ping -c 3 www.google.ca;
    sleep 10;
    done
  • Pascal
    Pascal Posts: 4,151 ✭✭
    If your answer been resolved, you can choose the best answer
  • Gabriel L. 46478
    Gabriel L. 46478 Posts: 38 ✭✭