Data sharing?

Stanley M.
Stanley M. Posts: 279 ✭✭
If i have 6 days left for a 1 gb rollover and i gift it to a friend does he get a full 30 days of data or data until his next billing cycle?

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,639 ✭✭
    Yes if you are gifting the monthly data, he will get 30 days from his next billing cycle therefore a bit more

Here a link
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-is-data-gifting-and-how-does-it-work

Gifted data is valid until the end of the recipient’s payment cycle that follows the cycle during which the data was gifted. For example, say I receive gifted data on May 15, but my payment cycle ends on May 27. That gifted data will therefore be valid up until the end of my next payment cycle on June 27th.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭
    Hi Stanley,

Unfortunately you cannot gift data that is about to expire. So rollover data cannot be gifted.
    Only data from your current month/billing cycle can be gifted. Also Perks if you have them, can be gifted.

Logon to your account and try the gifting option to see for yourself.
  • Alexandre P. 40143
    Alexandre P. 40143 Posts: 204 ✭✭
    Sorry don’t have some left
  • Anne-laure F.
    Anne-laure F. Posts: 584 ✭✭
    Hello Stanley !
    Data already rolled over cannot be gifted. If you don't use it, your rollover will just lost when the date is expired.
    You can only gift data from your current paid plan. Not the bonus, not the rollover.
    If my answer was useful to use, don't hesitate in giving it a heart and/or mark it as best answer.
    Have a great day !
  • Sylvieb
    Sylvieb Posts: 1,600 ✭✭
    I hope your problem is solved. Can you please choose your best answer.
    Have a good day.
  • RodriR26
    RodriR26 Posts: 1,250 ✭✭
    Sylvieb,
    The 7000 points you saw today at Fizzy are because she got the Guru 5 badge (well deserved) for her 500 best answers.
    It’s an exceptional day, unfortunately the 7000 points do not count as bonus points.
    I take this opportunity to congratulate Fizzy, I wish that she will soon be in the Hall of Fame !!!
This discussion has been closed.