Only getting 10mbps download while I'm paying for 60mbps?

Nicolas B. 53247
Nicolas B. 53247 Posts: 3 ✭✭
Only getting 10mbps while paying for 60mbps?
No chat bubble on your solution hub and no one answering on your fb page...

Answers

• Nicolas B. 53247
    @Mike
    I did what you said and I am now down to 8mbps, still lengths from the promised 60mpbs.
    Is there something else that can be done?
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Nicolas,
    Have you do your speed test with an ethernet câble?
    To get this speed 10 mbs is not normal by wi-fi.
    Please, disable the band-steering like Mike suggest to you and ATS.
    If nothing changes, please, contact the Fizz support by chat from 8h00 to 21h00.
    First, connect you to your Fizz account and types:
    https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
    Wait to see the green chat bubble down to the right of the page.
    When you see it, click on it.
    Your chat session with Fizz begins.
  • Nicolas B. 53247
    Ok will do, thanks for prompt response!
  • TheMMc
    TheMMc Posts: 489 ✭✭
    Like Mike suggest the best way to do a speed test is via an Ethernet cable via a computer. Via wifi you can introduce latency and/or you might drops some packets to avoid this use an Ethernet cable via a laptop or a Desktop pc/mac. Via wifi you can fight for some bands let me explain. If you neighbors use the same band or a band close to what you use it's create interference. A microwave can do the same thing because it's use the same frequency of our wifi router. It is why you should do your test via a cable. Rhe router and your phone or laptop can have a crapy wifi chip too so with all this we can't (us/user of fizz) tell you what is the problem.
  • SittingRam
    SittingRam Posts: 320 ✭✭
    True, this is one of the things I dont like about the technology Fizz currently uses. (But at the price they charge its ok I think) There is no way to guarantee the real download speed as area traffic has a significant influence. Perhaps one day, when fiber-optics technology comes to fizz...
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,801 admin
    Hello Nicolas,
    I have checked your account and I can see you've contacted our support department and they've managed to provide you an answer related to your situation.
    If the situation persists or you encounter anything else suspicious, don't hesitate to contact us by chat following the FAQ https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us.
    Cheers!
    Nicolae Bogdan
  • Emmanuel P. #22886
    Emmanuel P. #22886 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Usually, they are pretty fast answering on the FB page and chat. I am admired they were not responding to you. If you are still having issues, keep trying to contact them.
  • SuperFizzeur
    SuperFizzeur Posts: 3,774 ✭✭
    Hi Nicolas!
    I think it's a signal problem from Fizz to your modem, you lost so much packets, you speed is reduced, or something like this related to a signal problem! Fizz is a company owned by Videotron.
    It's been a pleasure to assist you! Have a nice day! :)
    Don't hesitate to mark my answer as the best!
  • Sylvieb
    Sylvieb Posts: 1,600 ✭✭
    hello, I hope your problem is solved. can you please choose your best answer.thank you and have a nice day
This discussion has been closed.