What does "unreasonable or disproportionate" use of an unlimited service mean for Fizz Internet?

Options
hc0468
hc0468 Posts: 168 ✭✭

This is a follow up of my previous question about Fizz's definition of "unlimited": https://community.fizz.ca/questions/2198674-unlimited-mean-fizz-internet

The last paragraph of Section 10 of the Service Agreement says:

You must not use or permit the use of the services (unlimited or not) in an illegal or improper manner, or the provisions set out in section 15.4 might apply. That is the case, for example, if the use of the services (unlimited or not) is unreasonable or disproportionate, if it jeopardizes the services or our network, if it harms us or any other person, or if it is against the law.

Fizz chat support first said it meant illegal downloading of content. But that is redundant as illegal behavior is already explicitly addressed multiple times separately. Then they said it refers to spamming. But again, that is also illegal. Then they escalated the question, to which the email reply was that it refers to commercial use. Once again... that is covered in a previous paragraph of the same section.

Not to mention, none of those explanation really fit "unreasonable or disproportionate". These are highly subjective and relative terms, and are not defined in the agreement.

Does anyone know what "unreasonable or disproportionate" use of unlimited internet means with Fizz?

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,731 ✭✭
    Options
    Remember that the service agreement is there to protect the provider and not the end users.
    Therefore, they will put the impossible in order to protect their ass.

Did you read the agreement with your bank?
    If I remember correctly in my there was a phrase that sounds something like this.
    If we make a mistake you have 3 months to discover, however, we have unlimited time to do so.
This discussion has been closed.