Notification for Illigal download ?

Hichem B. #564
Hichem B. #564 Posts: 55 ✭✭
Hello Everyone ,
I've got a message from Fizz about an Illigal download, it's talking about downloading some movie , but i've never been dowloading any kinda movie on anywebsite , does it mean maybe my wifi is hacked ? and what does thisnotice mean ?
thank you

Answers

• Hichem B. #564
    Hichem B. #564 Posts: 55 ✭✭
    @ Martin , the problem , ive no one of my familly living with us , only me and my wife , so im worried if my wifi is hacked , and even the support cant do anything about it
    @ Martin2 , this is a quit bizzare cause i usualy not see or download movie , sometimes i stream on netflix , thats it , but i'll download vpn and change my wifi for sure
  • Martin
    Martin Posts: 272 ✭✭
    I suggest you NordVpn , easy to use , not complicated.You will get many more advantages with it. Ex: unblock netflix country restrictions...
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Hichem,
    I would suggest you to contact the Fizz support for get explanation about this notitification.
    Please, chat with Fizz team online (8h00 to 21h00).:
    First, connect you online and access to your fizz account.
    Then, types this adress:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues
    Wait a few seconds until you see the green chat bubble down to the right of the page.
    When you see it, click on it.
    Your chat session with Fizz begins.
  • Kevin .
    Kevin . Posts: 50 ✭✭
    Use NordVpn
  • Olivier R. #3666
    Olivier R. #3666 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭
    Too funny. Yourre caught
  • the_lebuis
    the_lebuis Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Hi, everybody is talking about getting a vpn but as I understand you don’t really need it. I download quite a lot of stuff on the internet and even don’t pay for a vpn. Of course make sure your wifi is secured, but I would not do anything more than that. Just don’t worry about it and continue about your day. Even if you receive 10 letters not any legal action have been taken in Quebec.
    Hope this helped.
  • Chris K. #7521
    Chris K. #7521 Posts: 486 ✭✭
    The ISP is obligated to send you that notice but it most likely ends there. Perhaps you downloaded a torrent or used an app to stream TV/Movies that uses torrent such as popcorntime. If you are worried, just use a VPN to anonymize your IP.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,808 admin

@Hichem,

Thank you for taking the time and posting this question :)

In order to understand the reason why you received this message, I would advise you to verify the attachment(s) that came with it. We do not have access to this information as it's confidential and sent directly to the account holder. 

We are only the intermediary in these situations whose responsibility is to deliver these notices. 

Unfortunately, there isn't any more info we can provide then the info you've already received.

Thank you for understanding,

Jay

• hc0468
    hc0468 Posts: 168 ✭✭
    From the link in the screenshot: http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/oca-bc.nsf/eng/ca02920.html

What should I do if I receive a notice?

The Notice and Notice regime aims to discourage online infringement. Receiving a notice does not necessarily mean that you have in fact infringed copyright or that you will be sued for copyright infringement.

If you receive a notice, it must contain information that will help you understand the details of the allegation, including the date and time of the alleged conduct. For instance, you may receive a notice from a copyright owner alleging that you, or someone using your Internet address, have engaged in illegal downloading or illegally sharing a song or movie.

It is possible that the notice refers to acts that were undertaken by someone using your Internet connection without your knowledge. You may want to ensure that your home network is secured by a strong password to prevent others from using your Internet connection to engage in copyright infringement.
  • Gualberto
    Gualberto Posts: 340 ✭✭
    Thief you are
This discussion has been closed.