Transfer from Bell to Fizz Internet?

joefizzint
joefizzint Posts: 18 ✭✭
We used to be with Videotron, transferred to Bell, now going to Fizz Internet. For the self installation at 0$, does the technician check that the coaxial cable that comes into the house still work? The cable comes into the house, near the electrical box, but then seems to be plugged in a splitter, which I no longer need since I will be "cord cutting". But then I assume the technician must run a cable to where I want the modem... which is about four feet away. Is that free?

Answers

• hc0468
    hc0468 Posts: 168 ✭✭
    Yes, the technician's job is to make sure everything is in order up to the modem. That includes any coax cabling that needs to be installed from the pole to your building and all the way to where you place the modem, splitters, attenuators, and checking that the signal is good. All this is free.

For the self-installation (non-VIP) you are responsible for the router configuration. Everything past the modem is always the user's responsibility.

The responsibilities are split in the same way if there are any service calls for problems.
  • Martin
    Martin Posts: 272 ✭✭
    You need a full installation
  • Martin
    Martin Posts: 272 ✭✭
    It going to be a Videotron tech
This discussion has been closed.