Is there a way to fix the low animated gif quality on Fizz?

Options
Hello,
I've just switched over my family 3 cellphone to Fizz. While testing the network as suggested, I sent my daughter an animated gif for the Minions. I was instantly struct by the very low quality/high compression taking place compared to Rogers. I couldn't find any setting on my Pixel 2 XL to change this quality so I guess it could be a Fizz setting. Is anyone aware of such aweful compression and if there's any way to fix it?
I am also wondering if there is a way to have Google Jibe "Chat features" to work as it should? It was working previously on Rogers but instantly stopped when I switched to Fizz this morning. For those unaware of the Chat feature, it send extra data between users SMS so they know when a message is received, read and when the other is typing as well like any decent messaging app.

Answers

• Olivier R. #3666
    Olivier R. #3666 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭
    Options
    You can do that in the settings if your are using adroid, for iphones i dont know.
  • Jimmy N. #14505
    Jimmy N. #14505 Posts: 620 ✭✭
    Options
    Normally Android will allow you to change the settings to not compress.
  • Leon B. #390
    Leon B. #390 Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Options
    I too have had compressed gifs MMS come through from my girlfriend. Wondering if its a Pixel 2, Android, Messaging app, RCS, or Fizz issue.
This discussion has been closed.