Can only recieve texts, not send.

Sharon Z.
Sharon Z. Posts: 3 ✭✭
I live in Quebec, I have the Canada + USA coverage. While texting in Quebec was working, I took a flight to Ontario now and I can only recieve texts now. Every time I try to send a message it fails. I am currently communicating in gifs :/

Answers

• Gswim
    Gswim Posts: 543 ✭✭

I would try to do a restart of the phone or select the right network manually as you are using Fizz's partner network. 

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/partner-networks

3.     Roaming and international calling

Make sure that roaming and international calling are activated (in My Plans > Manage plan > Advanced parameters).

These two options must be activated for you to use data, texts and voice while roaming.

4.     Restart your phone

Reboot (power cycle) your device by holding down the device’s start button for 10 seconds.

Following your reboot, your applications will load. Your device will then re-authenticate to the Fizz mobile network and potentially recover its authorization to access the network.

5.     Did your phone select the right network?

Make sure your device has selected the mobile network you wish to roam on. 

IMPORTANT: Before starting this process, verify that your SIM card is inserted in your device. Otherwise, the Mobile networks menu will not be visible.

The process for choosing a mobile network can vary depending on your phone model. Here are two examples:

AndroidSettings → Connections → Mobile networks → Network operators → Search networks → Choose your roaming network

iPhoneSettings → Operators → Choose your roaming network 

The frequency band used may vary from one service provider to another.

Your phone may not be able to connect to all available mobile networks.

• kk
    kk Posts: 143 ✭✭
    sometimes it takes several times to do plane mode on and off to get it work, including for the data.
  • MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Sharon,
    Try to follow the Gswin's suggestions.
  • Sharon Z.
    1 Roaming is on, and outgoing international calls are not blocked thru my account settings
    2 I restarted and powered down my device multiple times thru the night but to no avail.
    3 I checked which networks I have available as you suggested, they are all 'Fizz EXT'. Tried selecting them and the problem remains.
    I didn't put my phone on airplane mode, but I did reset the phone after landing once I encountered this problem. My data is working fine while roaming. Voice calls are working fine too.
    It doesn't make sense that I can call and use my data but all my outgoing texts are failing. Incoming texts as reported earlier are fine.
  • Berts
    Berts Posts: 824 ✭✭
    Follow Gswim suggestion.
  • M T. #12340
    M T. #12340 Posts: 577 ✭✭
    You need to contact Fizz.
  • Sharon Z.
    Isn't this the only way to find support? I'm new to fizz, how do I contact fizz?
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,805 admin
    Hello Sharon,
    I regret the situation you have encountered.
    For this type of problem, I recommend that you contact us directly by chat to troubleshoot and escalate the situation if necessary. Here's how to do it: https://fizz.ca/fr/nous-contacter
    Have a good day.
    Florin
This discussion has been closed.