Can the technician install a coax outlet in the room of my choice?

I just moved into a new and we don't have any coax outlet in the room where i want the modem to be. Will the technician install a coax outlet in the room of my choice? It's on the 2nd floor

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,643 ✭✭

Usually they do

If you need a referral code this is mine K61CD, with this code you will receive 25$ to be applied to your 3rd payment.

It is important to add the referral code must be used during the creation of your plan when the taxes are shown

• SittingRam
    SittingRam Posts: 320 ✭✭
    They usually come equipped with a lot of extra cable. But, will that be enough to get the modem where you’d like it? That is hard to predict. Hopefully
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,819 ✭✭

They can install the modem anywhere. However it makes sense to install it in central part of your home so that the wifi signal will be equally available to everyone..

If you install it on the 2nd floor, the wifi signal in the basement will likely be very weak.

The choice is yours. How about on the first floor below your room? Maybe you will still be able to use ethernet connection from your room.

p.s. If anyone is a new Fizz customer and looking for a referral code, you can use mine 66KGA when signing-up. We will both be rewarded with a $25 credit once you have paid your second monthly bill.

• gremiobr
    gremiobr Posts: 237 ✭✭
    They usually do!
This discussion has been closed.