Dropped call yesterday?

redhead
redhead Posts: 818 ✭✭
Yesterday, while talking on the phone in the car, I heard three beeps and 30-60 seconds later, the call dropped. Surprising since the stabilisation period will theoretically end in one week. Chatted with Fizz and they did not offer much help (see snapshot). Any one else have this problem and found a fix? Note that I am using an iPhone XR and have the latest carrier settings (version 38.5, and not 36.0.1).

Answers

• redhead

Follow-up - this is what Fizz replied to dropped call:

As the issue that you specified is not constant can be due to the fact that the coverage is not adequate in some places, therefore, I kindly invite you to have a look at our FAQ about this subject on the following link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-can-i-do-if-mobile-network-coverage-is-weak-or-inaccessible

• redhead
    @Fizzy: It has happened a couple of times before, maybe 2-3 so far since I have been a Fizz customer (six months). I have been on iOS 13 for a while now. They told me all looked good for carrier settings.
  • Takion
    Takion Posts: 330 ✭✭
    it happened to me yesterday once mid morning
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭

My spouse was having intermittent phone issues as well (dropped call, SIM not detected).

We took out the SIM card last week, cleaned it up with rubbing alcohol and its been working since.

• jeedey
    jeedey Posts: 83 ✭✭
    How's the network so far except this issue ? Should I switch to Fizz ?
  • redhead
    @jeedey : besides this seldom issue (it's only happened 2-3 times in six months), I would recommend Fizz for several reasons:
    1) The price is unbeatable, especially if you subscribe before October 15th as you keep low "stabilisation" prices until early 2020;
    2) The network is good as they use Videotron towers and roam with Rogers towers (from what I know);
    3) There is a rewards program that gives you free gifts: for example, I have free voicemail (1$) and extra 500MB per month (rewards are for 24 months);
    4) You get to carry your unused data forward (up to 2 months); I have a 2GB plan but only use 1GB a month, so I regularly have 4GBs of data;
    5) If others are on Fizz, you can help each other out. For example, I gave 1.5GB of data this month to fellow Fizz customers in need.
    It seems that the 3 beeps and line cutting may be due to shady reception or congested network. As I was driving in my car, that may be the issue - switching from one cell tower to another.
    If you do not have a referral code to get a 25$ rebate after your second payment, please use mine: 6A6FL.
  • jeedey
    jeedey Posts: 83 ✭✭
    @redhead thanks for your honest answer. I will definitely look into it.
  • redhead
    @jeedey : my pleasure!
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,803 admin
    Hello redhead,
    I see that one of my colleagues has escalated this issue to our technical team and the issue has been fixed and you were also notified by the e-mail. If you still encounter this issue, please inform us by facebook messenger as soon as possible to update the ticket.
    Have an awesome day!
    Catalin
This discussion has been closed.