Internet download and upload lights

Israt Noor Kazi
Israt Noor Kazi Posts: 2 ✭✭
Some time the lights of download and upload turns off and restarts modem coda 4680
They are blue when working properly and automatically turns off. The two lights restart and become green and then blue.

Answers

• GooGoo
    GooGoo Posts: 9 ✭✭

Is your internet working when this happens? It is normal for the light to go on and off meaning that there is a transfer of information between the modem and the servers if your services cut when the light go out you might have a problem with either the signal or the modem itself.

Like I said if the light flash but internet works = it is normal.

If your services cut start by unplugging and replugging the power cable from the modem, if that doesnt work contact the support team since it could be a connection problem.

• Irene
    Irene Posts: 4,026 ✭✭
    I believe that is a cox-axial cable problem.
    Probably is due to the freezing rain.
    Did you contact the support?
  • Irene
    Irene Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

To chat with the support, make sure that:

• You're logged into your Fizz account.
    • You're active on a help page. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues

• You're within the business hours: Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (EST), weekends and holidays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (EST).
    • You have disabled any ad blockers in your browser.

If the chat bubble does not appear, this means that the number of sessions waiting for our answers surpasses our processing capacity. If that happens, send us a private message via Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

• Tuan
    Tuan Posts: 43 ✭✭
    Verify your power cord, make sure it is well inserted. If you are connected on a power bar with many devices running, consider plugging the modem directly into the wall outlet. Test for 24 hours to see if the modem turns off
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,817 admin
    Hi Israt,
    In order to be able to help you further, I'm kindly asking you to contact us in private by chat or Facebook messenger. You can find the info for reaching us on the following link: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us.
    Have a great day!
    Radu
This discussion has been closed.