Hitron modem have no date time configuration?

kwenchana
kwenchana Posts: 23 ✭✭
Doesn't appears that NTP is configured properly and there are no option to set the time/time zone manually, it says 1970 (unit epoch), so all the time based schedule cannot be used

Answers

• GyslainH
    GyslainH Posts: 319 ✭✭
    I’m pretty sure it’s impossible
    Just look into each options carefully 1 by 1
  • kwenchana
    I've looked everywhere in the web UI and the app, no where does it allows you to set the time or see any logs (re DOCSIS provisioning), restarted many times already.
  • M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    I think date and time is set automatically by modem once connected to Fizz internet server and there is no function in UI to allow you to change date time.
    DCSIS provissioning and logs should be in Status : this only allow you to see logs it does not allow you to change date/time.
    At this point you can try one more thing : reset the modem or contact Fizz
    To reset the CODA-4x8x, press and hold the RESET button for ten seconds, or go to
    the Admin > Device Reset screen and click Factory Reset
  • kwenchana
    Nop, DOCSIS provisioning is hidden, already reset it once, it was acting up at first prior to the firmware update, I couldn't login into the web UI using the newly set WIFI password and when I tried to changed it, I couldn't connect to WIFI anymore, so I had to factory reset it.
  • Kenny L. #23
    Kenny L. #23 Posts: 794 ✭✭
    If nothing else works, tine to contact Fizz for a replacement. You are paying for a working modem.
  • M T. #338
    Default password at reset is : password
  • FizzWiggler G.
    FizzWiggler G. Posts: 87 ✭✭
    In my Web GUI the timezone is wrong by one-hour so the OP is correct. Furthermore, the time cannot be changed. Again the OP is correct.
    However, I do my time-based scheduling with the App. The App takes the time from the device upon which the App is installed, in my case an iPhone. So the time-based scheduling works fine anyhow.
    Perhaps you are referring to another time-based scheduling? Please provide more details if so.
  • Anne H. #1344
    Anne H. #1344 Posts: 648 ✭✭
    There is .
  • kwenchana
    Looks like they corrected the timezone to -5 Eastern in firmware 43b8, but still 1970
  • Valeri
    Valeri Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Hey Fizz any plans to fix time on your router?
    Schedule for Internet Blocking is broken because of this issue.
    I'm on firmware 2.0.10.43b8
  • Maria V. #3383
    Maria V. #3383 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Same problem here (y)
    Please fix!
  • kwenchana
    I looked at my brother's Hitron and his time is correct...?
  • Pascal H. #4056
    Pascal H. #4056 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Same Problem here...
    Cant use parental control with scheduled internet access because date/time showing 1970/01/01
  • M T. #338
    The work around would be : reboot your modem/router on a Thursday at 00:00:01 ( 01-01-1970 is a Thursday ).
    This will not fix actual date/time , however the week days and time will be ok with your schedule.