SIM is not supported

I got a confirmation email but when I try to install my sim card in my iphone, it says that ""The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone...". My old card don't have this problem, only the sim card from Fizz.

Answers

• TheMMc
    TheMMc Posts: 489 ✭✭
    Do you have the lastest update? for the moment it's ios 12.1.4? Are you sure you place the sim on the right side ? Try also to reboot your phone an iPhone won't reconise a sim if you didn't reboot after place it inside.
  • Sebastien
    Sebastien Posts: 2,127 ✭✭
    Probably because the phone is sim-locked, Good news, it's now free to make it unlocked by your previous carrier. Before Dec 2017 they were charging between 25$ and 50$ to do this. And it's mostly to us to do the job.
    Call your previous provider, they have no choice to do this for free. They will give you a code and when you will insert your Fizz SIM card back, it will ask you to enter this code and Voilà!
  • M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    By law all providers must unlock their cell phone without charges.
This discussion has been closed.