my plan and coverage?

Options
XIAOXING Z.
XIAOXING Z. Posts: 2 ✭✭
Hi there, I have two questions.
I live in Gatineau QC, my phone normally works fine. But several weeks ago when I travelled to Niagara Falls, Ontario, I got absolutely NO signal. No Mobile data. I think I have the "Canada Wide" plan, can you check you didn't assign the Quebec plan to me?
Question 2: now I only pay 5 dollars as a "tester", when will you charge me the normal rate? How much would it be?
thank you!
Xiao

Answers

• DavidP
    DavidP Posts: 301 ✭✭
    Options
    Have you activate roaming on your phone when you were in Niagara. For your 2nd question this is a user base forum but that depends when you are billed and what is your plan. You can check on the website with the information of your plan you will have the launch prices.
  • Johanne M. #358
    Johanne M. #358 Posts: 464 ✭✭
    Options
    The bêta tester price was for 3 months but they made an extention for 2 more months
  • Michel B. 1734
    Michel B. 1734 Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Options
    As mentioned above, you may need to activate roaming depending on which network you are connecting to.
    It could also be that your phone isn't compatible with the band that's available in Niagara (Fizz operates / roams on different bands and not every band is available in all areas.
    As silly as it sounds, if you aren't getting a signal at all, double-check that you didn't enable "airplane mode"
  • DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭
    Options
    You are paying Quebec coverage. Leave it as is now because any change will lose your beta price. Change it in April when beta end.
  • M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Options
    You can verify your current coverage by accessing overview page https://zone.fizz.ca/dce/customer-ui-prod/#/account/overview
    The beta prices were extended around December 2018 for 2 months, so I should be in theory ended by the end of February.
This discussion has been closed.