My iPhone 8 is constantly losing it Wi-Fi connection while watching Netflix. Do you have the same is

Sergio C. #643
Sergio C. #643 Posts: 52 ✭✭
I'm under the impression that the modem/router can't handle several connections at the same time while streaming HD content on Netflix (through an Android TV box). If any, do you have connectivity issues? If so, could you please list them and the way of troubleshooting it? Thanks!

Answers

• DavidP
    DavidP Posts: 301 ✭✭
    Seems to be a issue with the router if you can try with an other one instead the one on your modem.
  • M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    A few users have trouble with Fizz modem/router WIFI.
    The solution would be buy a router with WIFI and connect it to your Fizz modem.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,802 admin
    Hi Sergio,
    Thanks for sharing your experience with us! The modem nor the service should be causing you these types of issues. Did you download the Fizz app via the play store? Once downloaded try completing a speed test through the app, and let me know what speeds you're getting. Lastly, if you have many devices connected to your Modem/signal - try enabling band-steering - this can be done through our app as well. If you don't want to download the app - in the back of your modem, you can access the admin panel by dialling 192.162.0.1.
    Keep us in the loop,
    Jay :)
  • Sergio C. #643
    Sergio C. #643 Posts: 52 ✭✭
    Hey @Whizz, thanks you the feedback. Unfortunately, according to this message I received, the application is not available yet (see image attached). Is it available now? If so, could you please share the link for the Apple store? Thanks!
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,802 admin
    Sergio - my bad - I should have told you that the APP is only available on the Play Store for Android devices at the moment. That means you would need to connect to the admin interface by using either of the following methods, 1) Using your PC make sure it's connected to your Fizz WiFi - and enter 192.168.0.1 this will give you access or 2) connect your PC directly to your modem and on the browser type 192.168.0.1 to access the admin GUI. Username is always Cusadmin and password is your current WiFi password.
    I hope this helps,
    Jay
  • Anne H. #1344
    Anne H. #1344 Posts: 648 ✭✭
    Always use wired connection for IPTV , if you have wired port on your tv box.
  • Anne H. #1344
    Anne H. #1344 Posts: 648 ✭✭
    Always use wired connection for IPTV , if you have wired port on your tv box.
  • MartyG
    MartyG Posts: 31 ✭✭
    I had issue with connection of devices using the App for iPhone. With Android, it goes easilly. For streaming, it is constantly losing connection. I just tried to turn off ATF and Band Steering. I will test and see if it improves the situation.
    I am streaming from a wifi laptop to a chromecast.
This discussion has been closed.