what is wrong with my Fizz wifi router?

Options
Michael R. 4215
Michael R. 4215 Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited June 2023 in Internet
I got the Coda box and many times the modem will just restart or sometimes ill just get no internet connection connected by wifi through my phone. I have disabled band steering in the fizz app which resolved problems with my smart home devices. But now Im just frustrated about the constant wifi problems

Answers

• Philippe D. 2667
    Philippe D. 2667 Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Options
    How did you sign up for home internet?
  • MoYe
    MoYe Posts: 655 ✭✭
    Options
    For fizz home internet, the fizz members are chosen randomly
  • IsE
    IsE Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Options
    I fixed this issue by turning the Wi-Fi off on the Fizz modem and connecting another router to it :)
  • Mtaitlor431
    Mtaitlor431 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

there are a few general troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve common Wi-Fi issues:

1. Restart your router: Unplug the power cable from your router, wait for a few seconds, and then plug it back in. This can often help resolve temporary glitches.
    2. Check your internet connection: Verify that your internet service is working properly. You can do this by connecting your device directly to the modem using an Ethernet cable and seeing if you have a stable connection. If the internet works fine when connected via Ethernet but not through Wi-Fi, the issue may be with your Wi-Fi network.
    3. Check Wi-Fi signal strength: Ensure that your device is within range of the Wi-Fi router and that there are no physical obstacles (such as walls or large objects) interfering with the signal. If possible, try moving closer to the router to see if that improves the connection.
    4. Change Wi-Fi channel: If you live in a crowded area with multiple Wi-Fi networks, there may be interference causing connectivity issues. Log in to your router's administration panel (usually accessed via a web browser) and try changing the Wi-Fi channel to a less congested one.
    5. Update firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your router. Manufacturers often release updates to address known issues and improve performance.
    6. Reset router settings: If none of the above steps work, you may consider resetting your router to its factory default settings. This will erase any customized configurations, so make sure to note down any important settings beforehand.

If the problem persists after trying these basic troubleshooting steps, I recommend reaching out to Fizz's customer support for further assistance. They will have access to more specific information about your router and can provide guidance tailored to your situation.

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,446 ✭✭
    Options

I think we can close this post from January 2019… @Whizz

This discussion has been closed.