MMS APN settings for Windows Phone? (Lumia 650 or 950)

Nick R.
Nick R. Posts: 12 ✭✭
does anyone know the MMS APN settings are for Windows Phone? calls/text and regular data are working but MMS messages are not at all (send or receive) and have not been able to figure it out on my own
everything works perfectly fine with my old videotron SIM but i cannot get the fizz SIM to work for MMS

Answers

• Peter S. #1365
    Peter S. #1365 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    I have a Microsoft Lumia 640 phone and have tried several options, including the one suggested above, and I still can't send/receive any pics by MMS. (Everything else works fine). Can anyone help?
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,802 admin
    Hello Peter,
    We would like to make some verifications with you. Please contact us via chat or via Facebook Messenger so we can take a look.
    Ionut
  • Nick R.
    why has no one offered to make any "verifications" with me? i posted this 2 months ago and have gotten no assistance from fizz, just emails thanking me for reporting the issue then following emails closing the ticket as resolved when nothing has been done
    i have submitted several complaints and besides acknowledging receipt fizz continues to do nothing to even attempt to resolve my issue
  • John C. 3945
    John C. 3945 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Hi Nick, did you try the settings posted from Lisa?
    It works perfectly for me. The only thing I noticed is that it varies depending on what network I'm on. We have an android on Fizz as well and MMS only works on the Fizz Ext network. So there is definately an issue with network parameters on Fizz side.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,802 admin
    Hello Nick,
    I've just sent you a private message.

Ionut
  • Nick R.
    hi johnny, i did try them but with no success https://imgur.com/a/n8MPr5k
    everything works 100% if i switch to my videotron SIM
    but if i use my fizz SIM text/calls/data all work fine except for MMS which i have not been able to get to work at all
    (my phone has dual SIM, i can run both for call/text but have to pick one for data)
    i have my network set to automatic though, are you saying MMS works on fizz network but not on partners? i could try setting my network strictly to fizz and turning off roaming and seeing if it works that way i guess, would be an odd coincidence if i just happened to be roaming every time i've tried it
  • John C. 3945
    John C. 3945 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Funny, the android phone we have is also an old Videotron phone and thats the one giving us issues with APN setting. I was only able to get it to work with Fizz Ext. When searching for networks, pick the first Fizz Ext that comes up. Good luck!
  • Nick R.
    thank you johnny i will try that!
  • Dan S. #1557
    Dan S. #1557 Posts: 4 ✭✭

In Jan 2019 I brought my Lumia 640 XL with Windows 10 Mobile to Fizz.  Immediately talk and text worked, but data and MMS did not.  After a couple hours of searching, trial and error here are the exact settings needed to connect the phone's data and mms to the Fizz network.  With these settings made I noticed my data came to life immediately.  For MMS, I rebooted my phone and left it soaking over night.  By morning my MMS too was working.

Settings > Network & wireless > Mobile & SIM > SIM settings > Add an Internet APN
        Profile name: Fizz Data
        APN: mobile.bm
        Username:
        Password:
        Type of sign-in info: None
        IP type: IPv4
        [select] Use his APN for LTE & replace the one from my mobile operator
        Proxy Server:
        Proxy Port:
        [select] Apply this profile

Settings > Network & wireless > Mobile & SIM > SIM settings > Add an MMS APN
        Profile name: Fizz MMS
        APN: mobile.bm
        Username:
        Password:
        Type of sign-in info: None
        IP type: IPv4
        Proxy Server: mmsproxy.mobile.bm
        Proxy Port:
        MMSC (URL): http://mms.mobile.bm
        MMSC port:
        Maximum MMS Size (KB):
        [select] Apply this profile

• KEVIN A. 9096
    KEVIN A. 9096 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Many thanks to Dan for posting the answer that solved it for me! Data and MMS now up and running! Thank you, Dan!
  • Michel T. 11733
    Michel T. 11733 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Merciiiiiiiii Dan! It work for me too on my 950XL
This discussion has been closed.