Moving from iPhone 11 (physical SIM) to iPhone 17): impossible?

_Michel
_Michel Posts: 13 ✭✭

three attempts to replace SIM with eSIM (one named Travel, one named Personal and one named Secondary), all ending in failure (“unable to connect”), even with support’s help.

That’s it. Way too much time lost on this and can’t wait any longer.

I’ll move to Koodo later today.

Best Answer

  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 29,047 admin
    Answer ✓

    Hi _Michel,

    I understand and I'm sorry to learn about this situation.


    Please be sure to have your phone rebooted after you've scanned the QR code and waited 30 minutes after the change order was placed:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/install-and-activate-esim


    For a more direct approach on the remedy process, please contact us directly:
    https://fizz.ca/en/support

    Have a good one!
    -Andrei, Community Moderator

Answers

  • Use_code_VGTIB
    Use_code_VGTIB Posts: 2,921 ✭✭

    You can contact support via chat for real time assistance

    https://fizz.ca/en/support

  • _Michel
    _Michel Posts: 13 ✭✭

    i spent all afternoon yesterday + one hour today, including human support (which can only ask me to retry, resulting in the three eSIMs,all unable to connect.

    I now see that there’s a request to « de-activate my SIM IN 52 minutes! What’s going to happen after that? Does it mean i won’t even be able to use my old iPhone???

  • MobileFizzer_VBMV6
    MobileFizzer_VBMV6 Posts: 940 ✭✭
    edited 9:55PM

    When you apply for a new sim card, which is essentially what a swap of a physical sim card to eSim is, the old sim card will always be deactivated before the new eSim becomes active. The network cannot handle two simultaneously active sim cards for the same plan and phone number.

    I just suggest to take a breather, read the FAQ below and follow the steps diligently. I admit, the process could be better, especially since you first have to scan the QR code within 30 minutes of ordering, the scan will only work once, but then you have a 30 minute wait time before the new (e)sim becomes active. This throws a lot of people off. But if you repeat the process one more time, follow it as described, especially do NOT delete in esim from your new phone just because it is not immediately active, I certainly hope it would go through as advertised. At least, I have no evidence to the contrary, for me at always worked. You just can't be impatient… :)

    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-i-change-sim-associated-my-mobile-plan

This discussion has been closed.