the internet wifi keeps disconnecting all the times

Palestro
Palestro Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited September 30 in Internet

It has been since the tecnique came to bring de FIZZ Modem ( by the way, he has to do nothing, because the last connection was coaxial, so everything was ready), So after made the instalation of modem, the internet keeps disconnecting almost every 5 minutes ;( I am so frustrade, it is will work propertly one day?

Best Answer

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 7,887 ✭✭
    edited September 29 Answer ✓

I had something similar when I switched to Fizz ~3 years ago. In my case the modem was rebooting very often. Apparently it was a broken modem. Once the modem was replaced, the issue was resolved.

Try to contact customer service and ask for an appointment with technician. He should have a replacement modem with him.

Answers

• ablabla
    ablabla Posts: 326 ✭✭

It sounds frustrating to experience constant disconnections with your Fizz internet service, especially after the installation seemed straightforward. Here are a few things you can try to help resolve the issue and ensure a more stable connection:

1. Restart the Modem

• Sometimes, a simple restart can solve intermittent disconnections. Unplug the modem for about 30 seconds, then plug it back in and wait for it to fully reboot.

2. Check for Interference (Wi-Fi Connection)

• If you're using Wi-Fi, the problem might be related to interference. Try moving the modem to a more central location in your home or away from large objects or electronics that could interfere with the signal.
    • You can also try switching to a different Wi-Fi channel in your modem's settings if there are a lot of competing networks nearby.

3. Switch to a Wired Connection

• If possible, try connecting your computer or device directly to the modem using an Ethernet cable to see if the problem persists. If the connection is stable when wired, the issue could be with the Wi-Fi rather than the internet itself.

4. Check Modem Logs

• Many modems allow you to access a log of disconnections or errors. You can log into the modem’s settings (usually by going to 192.168.0.1 in your browser) and look for any error messages or logs related to the connection dropping.

5. Modem or Router Firmware Update

• Ensure that the modem's firmware is up to date. Some disconnection issues can be fixed by updating the firmware. You can check the modem settings or contact Fizz support to confirm if it’s running the latest version.

6. Disable Bridge Mode (if applicable)

• If you're using a separate router along with the Fizz modem in bridge mode, try disabling bridge mode temporarily to see if the modem itself maintains a more stable connection.

7. Contact Fizz Support

• If the issue persists, it could be related to a problem with your line or the modem itself. Contact Fizz support directly and provide them with the details of the issue, including how often the internet disconnects. They can run diagnostics remotely to check for any issues on their end.

8. Monitor Network Usage

• Sometimes, heavy usage on the network (such as streaming, large downloads, or multiple devices connected simultaneously) can cause disconnections. Monitor your network traffic to see if the disconnections coincide with specific activities.

Fizz should be able to help you resolve this issue, but in the meantime, these steps may help stabilize your connection. Let me know how it goes, and good luck!

• G225 code IRSGE
    G225 code IRSGE Posts: 2,391 ✭✭

Hi, Internet or Wifi only ? It's work with Ethernet ?

If Internet, contact fizz for test here:

Contact us | Fizz or send private message to @Whizz

This discussion has been closed.