Wifi is slow for not reason

Carlos_XII
Carlos_XII Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited September 30 in Internet

So my Wifi has started to be very slow. When I try a speedtest, my speed is sometimes at 5 to 10 Mbps while I have the 500 Mbps plan. I tried to reboot it and reset to factory settings, but the problem just came back. The light on my modem doesn't show any problems, I didn't change a single thing at home and all my hardwares are at the same as before. Does someone know how to resolve this problem ?

Answers

• G225 code IRSGE
    G225 code IRSGE Posts: 2,391 ✭✭

contact Fizz for check here https://fizz.ca/en/support

• Mark123_2024
    Mark123_2024 Posts: 4,423 ✭✭

You should name differently the 2.4G and the 5G fréquence from the Fizz apk. After that make sure your devices connect to the 5G fréquence.

If it's not working you should contact the Fizz support team.

• Drividor
    Drividor Posts: 514 ✭✭

If your wired connections are good, try make a speed test with your phone near the Fizz modem to see if the connection is better.

• jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 753 ✭✭
    edited September 29

Are you using the app's built-in speed test? Try the modem to internet test first. If the speed is abnormally low then it should be cause for concern and only support can help you.

If the "internet to modem" test shows the speed to be within the expected value you can test "modem to device".

This will help narrow down what is the limiting factor here.

For reference 2.4GHz Wi-Fi signal will transmit better through walls better but have lower speed.

The opposite is true for 5GHz, the signal gets weaker through walls but has a higher speed.

See if this guide can help here:

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-fizz-wi-fi-app-help-me

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 22,594 admin

Hello Carlos_XII,
    Thank you for reaching out. 

I can see that you contacted our customer service representatives, therefore, you can consider the suggestions offered by the other community members, however, it would also be great if you could keep in touch with support and let them know if the situation improved. 

Have a good one!
    -Sergiu, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.