Fizz VoLTE Compatible Devices?

ohnomydatasgone
ohnomydatasgone Posts: 42 ✭✭
edited August 27 in My Mobile

Hello, two questions for you fine folks about this list of phones:

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/compatible-devices#3

1) How often is this list updated? Is there a way for us to be notified when there is changes?

2) Is it the phone or the SoC that is VoLTE certified for Fizz? For example, the Samsung Xcover 6 has a Snapdragon 778g inside. Can I go ahead and buy another brand phone, not on the Fizz list, that also uses the 778g?

Answers

• OlivierRobert
    OlivierRobert Posts: 2,709 ✭✭
    edited August 24

-They mostly carry 5 brand Apple, Google, Motorola, Samsung and TLC so the list get updated when one of those compagnie release a new phone.

-It is the phone that is certified by fizz. Samsung phones shares the same SoC with other brand that are not certified by fizz

-Be aware that if you buy a phone that isnt certified by fizz the call fonction will stop working in 2025 when they will remove the 3g

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 7,879 ✭✭
    edited August 24

Hi @ohnomydatasgone

1. We don't know. Fizz doesn't offer this kind of service. However, there are public services that can monitor a page and notify you if there is a modification.

2. The model number is important, which is not specified in the list. I read about a user with an A54 or A53 (I don't remember), but the model was intended for Latin America and wasn't working with VoLTE.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 21,448 admin

Hello ohnomydatasgone 
    Thank you for the interest in this subject.

We kindly wish to inform you that, the competent department updates the lists as soon as as phone model passes all their tests therefore there is no period scheduled for this kind of process.

As you were also informed, the website can be verified constantly in order to see if new models were updated ( https://fizz.ca/en/faq/compatible-devices

If the phone is having the correct frequencies it may function even if it is not on the list, however issues can appear until or when, it will be added on the website. 
    When the transition to Volte will be fully completed, it will be necessary for the phone to be compatible Volte Fizz for the services to work properly.

Your understanding is highly appreciated.

Have a nice day.
    -Lavinia, Community Moderator 

This discussion has been closed.