I am trying to enter a new Debit/Visa card but no go

inventorArtist
inventorArtist Posts: 20 ✭✭
edited August 25 in Your Fizz Account

Hello Fizzers,

I have a new card and I'm trying to enter it in. It works in Amazon and I've used the new card at the pub too so I know it's activated…

But when I try and enter it into my fizz account it just gives me an error.

Is there some trick? Or is there an outage on the website?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 7,937 ✭✭
    edited August 23

Hi @inventorArtist

Double check if the address is well inserted, also if you tried multiple time Fizz block the possibility to add a new card. All the information are here https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-update-my-payment-method-or-credit-card-information

Probably you should contact the support https://fizz.ca/en/support , and click on the green bubble on the bottom right of the page in order to chat with them to find the right solution for you.

• inventorArtist

Thanks. I'm just trying again from my profile under payment instruments. It says my address doesn't matched. Nothing has changed and it looks right.

Okay, I'll try the green bubble you're talking about. I can't find it at the moment but I'll look for it.

• Mark123_2024
    Mark123_2024 Posts: 4,187 ✭✭

Try to do it in the private browsing mode. Sometimes it works if you do it like that.

Good luck!

• inventorArtist

I found the bubble but it's just a bot. Can't do much with it but I'm trying.

When I'm typing an address for my new card, the "SAVE" button stays disabled. It's like it doesn't think I've typed my address yet but I have…

• inventorArtist

I'm in chrome, so I tried it in firefox.

The button for saving the address is working but it still says that the address I gave doesn't match. I've got my address up in my bank one another screen, I'm sure I'm typing it right.

There must be something special about the expected format that's not right.

• inventorArtist

Thanks for the idea about private browsing. I tried it but no go…

It still says the address doesn't exactly match my bank.

But I've got that info up on another screen to make sure it matches.

I'm typing it carefully and it's just coming back as wrong…

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭
    edited August 24

While in the chat with Bot, literally ask it to connect you to a customer service representative.

• Fredweet
    Fredweet Posts: 23 ✭✭

Ive types agent before to get a real person. It can take a while to get someone on the chat, so be patient and keep an eye out for the messages.

I've also had a problem in the past, it resolved on its own, took a few days. It was very frustrating, I feel.like.it.was a glitch in the Fizz system. Fiz blames the bank and the bank blamed fiz lol.

• inventorArtist

Okay, I'm trying to get an agent to see if they can do anything for me.

Today I also tried on my cell phone and on a different computer in case that mattered. But still same error.

Also, I now have an error that I have made too many attempts to enter a card.

• inventorArtist

Anybody know what the timeout is for the "too many tries" at putting in my new card?

• inventorArtist

After waiting 2 hours or so I was able to get support to release the timeout so I could try again.

It went right back to telling my my address is wrong. I've been very careful typing it in (plus accepting the address that's there which worked on the card that was replaced).

I spent 2 hours on this yesterday too. I need to take a break from this, I guess the cell phone will not work this weekend. Thanks for the help so far…

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭

@Whizz can you help here?

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 21,502 admin

Hello inventorArtist  ,

I verified your account and it appears that there is a blockage from the bank specifically.

We can`t really intervene in such cases as we can only invite you to reach to your bank to check what`s happening - as you also managed to reach our customer service and they`ve confirmed the same information I`m typing here.

Once the issue with the bank is clarified, just make sure that you follow the details found here : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-fix-payment-issue

Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good one,
    Raul, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.