EXCHANGE/REFUND or TECHNICIEN REQUEST due to the malfunction of the modem

cyeyoung710
cyeyoung710 Posts: 2
edited August 17 in Internet
Hello,

I'm writing to request an exchange or a technicien appointment request due to the malfunction of my modem that was delivered yesterday.

We all followed through the steps to self install, but the lights on my modem do not show themselves properly as guided on the manual.

I attach the photo to this email for your reference so please have a look at it.

We tried numerous times to use the internet, but the wifi cannot even detected.

I also messaged through your chatbot but it just repeats itself sending me the manual to install the modem. We've already done that.

Please take action on this with your employees, not via chatbot, and let me know what FIZZ can do with this as soon as possible. We are having a severe problem and just paying for the monthly fee.

Sincerely,
Yeyoung

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 8,083 ✭✭

Hi @cyeyoung710

did you try to reset the modem?

IMPORTANT: This will reset any changes that have been made to your Wi-Fi modem settings to date. You may also need to reconfigure your devices’ Wi-Fi settings (network name, password, etc.). 

Locate the reset button at the back of the Wi-Fi modem and using a small, sharp object, press it for 10 seconds. 

Once your modem has restarted, follow the same instructions you used when you initially installed it. 

Reminder: The default username (Default Wi-Fi network) and password (Default key) for your Wi-Fi network are written on a sticker on the back of your Wi-Fi modem. 

After the reset please wait 15 minutes before try to configure the modem https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-install-my-wi-fi-modem

After configured the modem, remember to activate it, you will see the info on the guide

You can always contact the support, https://fizz.ca/en/support , and click on the green bubble on the bottom right of the page in order to chat with them to find the right solution for you.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 22,362 admin

Hello cyeyoung710,
    We are sorry to hear about the situation encountered with your home internet services from Fizz.

After making the necessary verifications into our tools, we noticed that right now your modem appears to be online however the signals are still not looking great therefore this may explain why you are not having services.

In order for an appointment with a technician to be scheduled, please reach back our customer service agents in order for them to assist you further. 

To do that, you can access this link: https://fizz.ca/en/support 
    Rest assured, in accordance with your Service Agreement, found in My plans- Manage plan- Service Agreements, you can receive a pro-rated refund for the days impacted therefore, as soon as this will be fixed you can ask the agents for this refund.
    Your understanding is highly appreciated.
    Have a great day. 
    -Lavinia, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.