Having trouble with my modem installation, support still hasn’t answered

Lancelotbronner
Lancelotbronner Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited July 14 in Internet

I installed my modem today. All lights are fine and the wifi works but I cannot connect to the internet.

I activated the modem on my account and tried configuring it with the wifi app, it stays on the setup spinner screen forever.

I wrote to support 2 hours ago and they still haven’t answered.

I’ve already restarted it multiple times, according to the lights the cable seems to work (the lights are a solid blue).

Best Answer

• jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 638 ✭✭
    edited July 14 Answer ✓

Support will most likely have you try the troubleshooting steps here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-internet-service-not-working-what-do-i-do

Try these and see if they help while you're waiting for support.

According to the guide, the blue lights should mean that you're able to establish a connection but the @ sign should be solid for an internet connection.

Seems like you're waiting on Fizz to activate your plan or they're unable to reach your modem to provision your internet.

Answers

• Lancelotbronner
    Lancelotbronner Posts: 2 ✭✭

I haven’t moved in yet and live multiple hours from my new address, will support require me to take manual actions?

• jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 638 ✭✭
    edited July 14

Users have reported technicians being sent to the old address and having to reschedule.

When you reach out to support, ask them to send a technician and have them confirm your new address so you won't have to deal with waiting a week or so for a reschedule and wasted time.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 21,497 admin

Hello Lancelotbronner  ,

Sorry to hear about the issue.

I verified your account and it appears that the modem is offline - so in this case, I advise you to reach our customer service : https://fizz.ca/en/support as they will need a picture of the modem`s white label, where the MAC address can be seen specifically.

Our team needs to confirm that the correct modem is registered in their tools before scheduling a technician appointment.

I saw that you tried to reach them once, but the conversation was not taken by any agent as everyone had their hands full at that moment, so I advise you to insist once again.

You can also leave us a private message ( click on our portrait ) but it might take a bit until we reply also .

Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good one,
    -Raul, Community Moderator

• seifoun
    seifoun Posts: 6 ✭✭
    i have the same problem , support havent answered yet , worst customer support ever
This discussion has been closed.