Mobile plan associated with my new number is still pending activation 24 hours later

Ariane E.
Ariane E. Posts: 29 ✭✭
edited July 13 in My Mobile

I registered a new SIM card yesterday but still can't use it because the mobile plan associated with it has not been activated yet. I don't understand why it's taking so long. The first number I registered with Fizz a few months ago was activated immediately. There is no good reason for such a delay!

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 21,298 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello Ariane E., 
    I am sorry to hear about the situation encountered with the mobile plan activation. 
    After making the necessary verifications in my tools I was able to see that the ticket is still being investigated by the technical team. 
    It is created with the highest priority in order to speed the process however for the moment there is no update from their side. 
    As soon as they will have an update, you will be notified on the email address linked with your Fizz account. 
    In the meantime, you can verify the ticket status in My Settings- My Tickets. 
    Your understanding and patience are highly appreciated. 
    Have a great day. 
    -Lavinia, Community Moderator 

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 7,766 ✭✭

Hi @Ariane E.

Today seems that Fizz had different problem with the activation, is not clear why

But for the TV (for example) started to work again around 6pm

• Mlewin
    Mlewin Posts: 11 ✭✭

Hello, is the 2nd number ate you porting from another provider? If do it may be the other carrier. You may have to call them to get a porting code. If it is a new Fizz number you will have to contact Fizz.

• Mlewin
    Mlewin Posts: 11 ✭✭

When I activated I ported my old Public Mobile number and they took a few hours

• Ariane E.

No, it's not ported. It's a brand new number from Fizz.

• Ariane E.

The last time I activated a new number from Fizz, it worked immediately.

• Ariane E.

From the FAQ concerning activation:

If you selected a new phone number...

Your plan will be active in a matter of minutes. Be patient. We’ll send you a text when everything is ready to go.

Obviously, something went very wrong in my case. First, I couldn't get a choice of new numbers with my existing address so I had to add my former address instead and then I was finally able to get a phone number associated with my new SIM card. But then the system got stuck at the new mobile plan - activation pending.

What a mess!

• Ariane E.
    edited July 11

I am under the impression Fizz is stonewalling me and not doing anything to resolve the problem. All they do is telling me "we're working on it" when in fact no one is doing anything at all about it and this is why it has stayed unresolved for 24 hours now. Ridiculous. It's not a major issue, you just need to deal with it instead of promising to solve the problem and then getting busy elsewhere…

• kaitokun
    kaitokun Posts: 963 ✭✭

So many issues lately. Keep trying with support. I don't really know what else to tell you. Sorry about that.

• wenhan
    wenhan Posts: 761 ✭✭

does the notification in your account show anything?

• Ariane E.

Nothing, no.

• Ariane E.

First they opened a ticket for the wrong phone number, so 24 hours later nothing was done on the number that has issues… Then they left for the day and so nothing will be done for another 12 hours. What a joke.

• jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 603 ✭✭
    edited July 12

If you feel support isn't of any help you can try escalating by submitting a complaint with Fizz then if that fails, the four letter agency. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues

• Ariane E.

Done that already.

This discussion has been closed.