I tried activating my sim card online but it said it was already activated+Customer support issues

Annly1
Annly1 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited July 9 in Phones
I tried activating my sim card online but it said it was already activated. I proceeded to click on the chat with live agent button, and it did nothing when logged in. I spoke to someone on messenger and they didn't help me at all.

Answers

• jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 603 ✭✭

When you activate your SIM there is a lockout period of 30 minutes and you cannot reuse the same activation code within that time. It can take some time for the process to finish, please be patient.

Fizz recently had a $5 sim promotion so there are a lot of new activations and customer support is overloaded.

They recommend waiting a bit after the chat bot transfers you to a customer service agent if you still have problems.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 21,298 admin

Hello Annly1,
    We are sorry to hear about the situation encountered with your SIM card activation.

If waiting for 30 minutes or changing the browser did not help, please try to contact our customer services one more time and provide them your SIM activation code in order for them to make the necessary verifications into their tools.

You can also take a screenshot with the error message received and send it to them. 
    The conversation from Messenger is still opened as you did not reply to the last text sent by them therefore you can keep the conversation ongoing and they will be able to assist you further. 

Thank you for understanding and cooperation.

Have a great day. 
    -Lavinia, Community Moderator 

This discussion has been closed.