So I just installed internet, and it’s not really working. Kinda disappointed.

adampilot13
adampilot13 Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited July 9 in Internet
Hello all,

Before anyone answers with what is usually answered. I followed all steps and troubleshooting steps. My cables are good and my coax port also as the last internet was with the same port and it was working just fine. Also tries another port to see and still no luck.

Here’s what happens. It initially connects, but once it reaches the @ symbol it doesn’t authenticate and the Up/download signals start flashing. And it stays stuck that way.

Also is it normal for the modem not to have a Fizz logo?

Support has been slow to answer and I haven’t gotten an answer in over an hour.

If they are to send a thechnician, I hope to be at least compensated in regards to billing with the delay.

I have also noticed many issues with this today and was wondering if anyone got a resolution appart from sending a technician.

Best Regards to all,

Adam

Answers

• pila SEWYG
    pila SEWYG Posts: 479 ✭✭

Usually Fizz network is very good, as every other sometimes it fail, i suggest you may reach for @Whizz about this

• jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 603 ✭✭
    edited July 9

Customer service is overloaded with a lot of new customers so you might not get a reply immediately.

If it's urgent you could try and submit a ticket,

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 21,298 admin

Hello adampilot13,
    Thank you for your post.

We are sorry to hear about  the situation encountered with your modem installation.

After making the necessary verifications into our tools, we noticed that our customer service agents were able to schedule a visit with a technician for you.

This is set for today, July 9th from 12 PM to 17 PM therefore please wait for the technician in this timeframe.

A person over 18 needs to be there the whole time in order for him to be able to help.

Here are more details regarding the subject: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-manage-appointment-technician-visit-my-service-address 
    We are currently facing a high number of contacts those days therefore this is why the waiting time is higher than normally.
    Your understanding is highly appreciated.
    Have a great day. 
    -Lavinia, Community Moderator 

• Sserna
    Sserna Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Hello, I have exactly the same issue. I just received my modem today, followed the simple instructions to setup but Up/download signals start flashing. And it stays stuck that way.

it's been over an hour and I haven’t gotten an answer yet. This is very dissapointing.
This discussion has been closed.