Using Vanilla card

OverrRyde
OverrRyde Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited July 9 in My Mobile
Hi everyone, got my sim card and trying to activate but when I get to the payment section, it won't go through.

I understand the Vanilla card CAN be used but won't automatically pay at the end of the month as per the payment method page, however still not going through.

Tried to reach customer service chat but no one responding other than the bot and I asked for human and been waiting for a while now.

Any help?
Thanks!

Best Answer

• jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 638 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Prepaid cards typically can't be used for transactions like this.

It should be noted that that card you use to sign up for activation will also be the default payment method for charging the monthly fee and will be charged immediately upon activation.

From what I can see the Vanilla prepaid cards (and prepaid cards in general) have a lot more restrictions on them and it looks like either Fizz or the payment processor (Mastercard/Visa) aren't allowing the transaction through.

There are different types of prepaid cards however that will allow you to do this that are issued by "financial institutions" like, KOHO, EQ Bank, Wealthsimple, that use your account's balance as the prepaid balance.

Your best option now would be to use a regular credit/debit card.

Answers

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 21,498 admin

Hello OverrRyde  ,

Sorry to hear about the issue.

We verified your account and saw that you managed to activate your plan.

Vanilla cards can be used but only for one-time payments ,  as the other user that replied to your thread stated - more details can be found here also : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-payment-methods-can-i-use

I also gave him the best answer in this case.

Have a good one,
    -Raul, Community moderator

This discussion has been closed.