New router says connected but no internet

Denny1
Denny1 Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited July 9 in Internet
I followed all the steps that the technician told me to set up the router and I can connect to the wifi but it says no internet. I factory reset the router and followed all the set up procedure again and I ended up with the same problem. All the lights that are supposed to be on are correct. I have also rebooted it multiple times. Is there anything else I can do?

Answers

• wenhan
    wenhan Posts: 761 ✭✭

does every device you use have this issue or only certain devices? Does Ethernet connection work? Maybe there was some sort of mac filtering that was being applied to your wifi?

• rakibul
    rakibul Posts: 253 ✭✭

I'm sorry to hear about that. If no MAC filtering or parental controls are applied, the issue might be with fiber cable repairs. I had a similar problem and discovered that Videotron was performing maintenance on the fiber optic cable, which caused my internet outage.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 21,298 admin

Hello Denny1  ,

Sorry to hear about the issue.

I verified your account and it looks like a service call was placed to remedy the issue.

You received an e-mail with the details regarding to it, so I can only advise you to wait until the visit happens so you can test the services afterwards.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good one,
    -Raul, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.