Can I use Fizz internet with cable from Altima telecom cable internet

petey99
petey99 Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited July 9 in Internet
I am currently on Altima telecom cable internet and got my Fizz modem, I thought I can simply use the same cable that I was initially using and connect to Fizz modem, but the download/upload lights remain flashing and never go solid blue.
I contacted Fizz support and they claim its an installation issue and that I need a technician to come over. If I remember correctly, the coaxial cable was installed by a Videotron technician many many years ago, so not sure why I was told its an installation issue. At this moment, I still have my Altima ISP active, can this be causing a problem with Fizz, I don't want to cancel before knowing that Fizz is up and running ok, I've read that I should be able to have both active, not sure if this is correct.
Also, If I was to take my modem to a friend that is also with Fizz would my modem work there, or at least to check if the download/upload lights would go solid blue ? Or vice versa, if I bring my friends Fizz modem to my house and see if my installation is ok or not, would I be able to test this?

I asked the Fizz support if my modem was provisioned ok, and he said, that if I received my modem and have activated it, then that's all there is, I'm not 100% convinced.
I was told also that if a technician came over and its not an installation issue, that I would not be charged the $60, again, a bit skeptical on this.

Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

Answers

• wenhan
    wenhan Posts: 761 ✭✭

I can only say from my experiences with other isp that rented access from rogers that i can plug the new modem from the isp in and it would work. I'm not sure if taking it over to a friends place would work or not but I don't see the harm in trying it and see. I can only say bring the issue up to support and let them trouble shoot it for you.

• andre L. #16515
    andre L. #16515 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Yup that it

• petey99
    petey99 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    I did bring my friends Fizz modem and plugged it into my coaxial and the Download/Upload lights went solid blue, so that modem is recognized but mine modem is not, as the DL/UL lights still flash green, so the problem is not with my actual coaxial or installation but rather either with my modem itself or on Fizz's side. I have brought the issue with support and they were claiming (before I did this last test) that the issue was with my installation and that a technician needs to be sent, but I don't want to be charged for something that's not my issue.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 21,298 admin

Hello petey99, 
    We are sorry to hear about the situation encountered with your modem installation.

After making the necessary verifications into our tools, we noticed that you were able to discuss with our customer services agents and a ticket was created.

For the moment, the technical team is still investigating this situation and as soon as they will have an answer for you, you will be notified on the email address linked with your Fizz account.

In the meantime, you can verify the ticket status by accessing My Settings- My Tickets.

Your understanding is highly appreciated.

Have a great day.

-Lavinia, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.