Can not make a call form quebec to anther province

Youness007
Youness007 Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited July 9 in My Mobile
I have Canada coverage plan, when I try to call a number in New Brunswick, I get a message saying that my plan does not allow to call the destination.
I made the change to my plan from Quebec to Canada coverage a week ago and the change was activated 2 days ago

Answers

• wenhan
    wenhan Posts: 837 ✭✭

if your current plan says its canada wide you should be able to call. if it's not working then you'll have to contact support and get help from them.

• BradDoell
    BradDoell Posts: 151 ✭✭
    edited July 8

Hi @Youness007

Was the change made at least 4.5 days before the end of your payment cycle and you are now in a new payment cycle since you made the change?

If so, it should work as @wenhan has states.

if so and it does not work, @Wizz wil be able to help you.

Cheers,

Brad

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭

Try to add +1 before the phone number.

• jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 638 ✭✭

There have been issues like this in the past where a carrier will mistake the area code for one outside your coverage area.

This happened with a user on one of the big three carriers as well.

As Andrei pointed out add a "1" before the phone number and see if that works.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 21,497 admin

Hello Youness007,
    We are sorry to hear about the situation encountered with your calls.
    Please try to turn off the phone, take out the SIM card, reinsert it and turn the phone back on in order to allow the phone to reauthenticate to network.

Also, make sure that your phone model is having the latest software upgrade installed.

Turn Airplane mode On for a few seconds and then Off.

If the issue is only with numbers from New Brunswick, try to dial the number manually and add the area code.
    Here are more details regarding the subject: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/I-cant-make-any-calls-on-my-phone-why 

You can also continue the discussion with the customer agents and they will be able to assist you further.
    Your understanding and cooperation are highly appreciated. 
    Have a great day. 
    -Lavinia, Community Moderator  

• Youness007
    the change has been made before the change period is blocked, now I am in new payment cycle and I my card was debited with canada wide price, tried +1, 1, without 1, nothings works
    The chat is not convenient I get reply after 2 or 3 hours :(
  • Youness007
    this a big question how to call support, I used the chat with the robot, who said a support agent will contact me ASAP but that never happened :(
This discussion has been closed.