No internet access

mathieud
mathieud Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited July 7 in Internet

hello,

Like a few others, I don’t have internet access with my new modem.

• I followed all the steps, the @ light remain off no matter what
  • I know the coax is fine because I used it with the previous provider as-is
  • No one is replying in chat support

Can someone check if all is fine on Fizz end?

I also did not disconnect the previous internet provider, can that cause a conflict?

Thanks

Answers

• wenhan
    wenhan Posts: 761 ✭✭

Contact support again. You might have to wait but eventually someone will connect. I had times where an agent would be available in a few minutes and other times where it took hours. Not disconnecting from the previous provider should not cause a conflict.

• Saranwrap1
    Saranwrap1 Posts: 40 ✭✭

I had similar issues when I originally had switched from Videotron. I had to manually hard reset the fizz modem using the little button at the back of the modem. Then wait for the appropriate lights on the modem to turn on before testing. Hope that helps!

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 21,298 admin

Hello mathieud  ,

Sorry to hear about the issue!

I verified your account and it appears that you managed to reach our customer service and have a technician scheduled for visit.

The appointment is for tomorrow between 7:30 AM and 20:30 PM and here you can find details on how to prepare for the visit : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-manage-appointment-technician-visit-my-service-address

Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good one,
    -Raul, Community Moderator

• adampilot13
    adampilot13 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    I had the same issue.

You should contact support as it’s your best bet, after trying to troubleshoot they will send a technician to solve this issue. Hopefully that will fix it!
This discussion has been closed.