Download and Upload Blinking and can't connect to the Internet

sonnyrock10_87IFS
sonnyrock10_87IFS Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited July 4 in Internet
Hi, can someone help me.

The modem was delivered this morning and I already completed the set up and activated my Internet at Fizz website but there's still no Internet.

The upload and download is blinking.
The power and 2.4ghz has lights.
The @ doesn't light at all.

I already factory reset the modem and connected to the coaxial cable and checked everything but still doesn't work.

Best Answer

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 7,928 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

It seems a common problem

To contact the support, https://fizz.ca/en/support , and click on the green bubble on the bottom right of the page in order to chat with them to find the right solution for you.

Answers

• sonnyrock10_87IFS
    sonnyrock10_87IFS Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Yes I already contacted support and after 8hours an "agent" told me that there is an on going maintenance at my area. But seems to be all over Quebec? I just saw another posts like mine that they are also having trouble with their modems to activate.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 21,497 admin

Hello sonnyrock10_87IFS  ,

Sorry to hear about the issue.

It appears that yes, there is a maintenance on the network grid in your area, but you should have some functional service - albeit not working 100%.

However, I see that the modem is not even properly connected but we can`t send a technician to check what`s happening until the maintenance is finished.

My suggestion is to redo the installation process after you factory reset the modem : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-install-my-wi-fi-modem ( to factory reset the modem you press the small button on the back of the modem, right above the yellow Ethernet ports with something sharp ).

After you redo the process, check if you have service again and if you don`t, please wait a few more hours and reach our customer service  again to check if the maintenance has been completed so we can see if a technician can be sent to your location.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good one,
    -Raul, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.