Changing my wifi password at home problem

Cherry
Cherry Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited June 27 in Internet

I want to change the new password for my wifi password at home but I don't understand what is "enter the new password you selected during initial configuration)"

Best Answer

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 7,766 ✭✭
    edited June 26 Answer ✓

Hi @Cherry

If you are comfortable you can always reset the modem and do the same procedure that you did when you received it, is a bit overkilling

A factory reset the modem

Using a small, sharp object, press the modem’s reset button for 10 seconds.

Once your modem has restarted, follow the same instructions you used when you initially installed it.

Wait 15 minutes and then redo the installation process by following the details found here :  

Reminder: The default username (Default Wi-Fi network) and password (Default key) for your Wi-Fi network are written on a sticker on the back of your Wi-Fi modem.

This is the guide how to setup

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-install-my-wi-fi-modem

You can always contact the support, https://fizz.ca/en/support , and click on the green bubble on the bottom right of the page in order to chat with them to find the right solution for you.

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 7,766 ✭✭

Hi @Cherry

Do you try to do it with the browser or the app?

The password that is asking is the password that you are actually using

The first password that you need to enter is the actual password, after they should ask twice the new password

• Cherry
    Cherry Posts: 5 ✭✭

i tried both browser and I even dowloaded the app. But it seems very confused to me. No success at all.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 21,298 admin
    edited June 27

Hello @Cherry ,

The "new password you selected during initial configuration " is indeed the password you set up for the modem, the one you are using to connect to the WIFI. If you still do not manage to change the password, you can always try the method @elena code xzi4t mentioned, and reset the modem.

Lastly, if you need more assistance, you can contact us privately, and here is an FAQ you can use

Have a good one!

-Sergiu, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.