Why my pixel 6 phone's voLte is greyed out? Does anyone experience the same?

drmalam
drmalam Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited June 20 in My Mobile

Why my pixel 6 phone's voLte is greyed out? Does anyone experience the same?

Best Answers

• jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    edited June 19 Answer ✓

From what other users say online, is the option enabled but greyed out or disabled and greyed out?

If the option is enabled but you can't turn it off then there shouldn't be an issue if the reception is known to be 4G.

However if the option is disabled and you can't turn it on, then you should contact support https://fizz.ca/en/support

Another user had this issue before and they needed someone on the technical support team to resolve the issue

• jvh_NVPF2
    edited June 19 Answer ✓

Another thing to note: the HD icon that shows in your dialer app doesn't necessarily mean that VoLTE isn't turned on.

The major carriers have an agreement to be able to call each other's numbers with this feature and Fizz currently isn't a part of it yet.

The only reliable way of knowing is whether or not you can see the 4G/5G indicator on your signal bar and have your preferred network type to LTE.

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 8,085 ✭✭

Hi @drmalam

this is strange since the phone is certified VoLTE by Fizz, did you already try to reboot the phone, check if the LTE is enabled. Are you connected to the Fizz or Fizz Ext network?

You can always contact the support, https://fizz.ca/en/support , and click on the green bubble on the bottom right of the page in order to chat with them to find the right solution for you.

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 8,085 ✭✭

Most probably that means that you cannot modify the setting

Try this

• Turn off the wifi
    • Make a call
    • check the signal, it should stay in LTE, if this is the case, your call is using VoLTE technology

• drmalam

Thank you all for your responses. Yes, I put a note earlier in the forum about this issue with my pixel 6. In settings voLte is toggle on greyed out, I can't control it, probably meaning by default it is set to volte. During outgoing call it stays on LTE (wifi off) indicates that voLte functioning. By the way, in the dialar app doesn't show any HD icon after making or receiving a call, though it is not fizz to fizz but fizz to freedom. I know big 3 don't allow fizz yet. My intention was to confirm with other pixel 6 owners.

• jvh_NVPF2
    edited June 20

I had a Pixel 6 before moving up to the Pixel 8 and both phones had the VoLTE option available to be toggled while with Fizz.

If you're still concerned you can reach out to support to confirm VoLTE is enabled on your account/phone.

• BeakBird
    BeakBird Posts: 3,385 ✭✭

This is probably not the solution but did you check if your SIM card has the lightning bolt on it?

• drmalam

Yes, BeakBird, sim card has a lightning bolt on it.

• drmalam

I had a Pixel 6 before moving up to the Pixel 8 and both phones had the VoLTE option available to be toggled while with Fizz.

If you're still concerned you can reach out to support to confirm VoLTE is enabled on your account/phone.

I have already contacted customer support, opened a ticket 24 days back but didn't hear anything from technical team yet, very frustrated.

• su4u Code: QXWNH
    su4u Code: QXWNH Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited June 20

Hi @drmalam

Type * # * # 4636 #*#* (without space ) in your android device phone dialer and check phone information.

There you can see if it is volte provisioned or not.

Next in set preferred network type scroll down select LTE only option and try to make a call. If the call goes it is Volte.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 22,363 admin

Hello drmalam 

We're really sorry for the inconvenience.

We have contacted our technical team in order to receive an update regarding your concern. 

In the meantime, feel free to contact us directly if you need more information.

Thanks for your kind understanding and patience.

Have a good rest,

-Ingrid, Community Moderator 

This discussion has been closed.